1 dag geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoc Implementing Campus Innovations
The postdoc should serve as a connector and interpreter in campus management and design processes. The indicative tasks of the post-doctoral researcher are: …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The postdoc should serve as a connector and interpreter in campus management and design processes. The indicative tasks of the post-doctoral researcher are:
- mapping the current campus decision making, campus organisation and use of campus management information at TU Delft;
- exploring campus decision making (governance) in international comparison;
- having an active role in university / campus networks (EUA, CESAER, VSNU etc.);
- assessing the organisational, financial, functional and physical (sustainable/technical) stakeholders and context of campus decisions;
- keeping track of (international) campus research, campus innovations and their required implementation processes;
- generating models for campus governance and campus management information systems;
- defining a roadmap to implement campus innovations.
The postdoc will become a member of TU Delft's Campus Research Team with professors, postdocs, PhDs, MSc students in its international network. Current projects include the European campus (postdoc), smart campus tools (PhD), business models for circular facades (PhD) campus energy systems (PhD). The postdoc will also be engaged in the university's (campus) decision making, aligning with TU Delft policy - also using TU Delft Campus as a living lab to demonstrate and implement innovations - and contributing to other campus goals which are summarized in TU Delft's "Strategic Framework 2018-2024" (identity, community, excellence etc.). The postdoc will therefore also spend a few days per week at TU Delft's departments of Strategic Development (SD) and/or Campus Real Estate (CRE).
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher who ideally:
- speaks different scientific languages from economics to sustainability, from psychology to organisational sciences;
- has the skills to combine facts, text (policy goals), images and numbers (people, m2, euros, kWh);
- has affinity with both design and management;
- has a keen interest in cross-disciplinary research methods and/or collaboration;
- has well-developed research skills, including the ability to formulate relevant and creative research questions and hypotheses, descriptive and analytical skills, and a clear and persuasive style of writing;
- has good communicative skills, proactive and independent work attitude and strong organizational skills;
- is a Dutch native speaker/has a good command of Dutch and excellent English scientific writing skills;
- is willing to travel for on-site research and (inter)national conferences.
Applicants should have a PhD obtained at an internationally recognised institution and a keen interest in the topics to be investigated in the project, preferably demonstrated by previous work on similar topics. The researcher has a broad interest in connecting different research fields (generalist) such as management of the built environment, governance and decision making (university as an organisation), management of technology and process management and multi-actor systems.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For information about the context of this vacancy see managingtheuniversitycampus.nl; https://www.tudelft.nl/en/architecture-and-the-built-environment/about-the-faculty/departments/management-in-the-built-environment/organisation/chairs/public-real-estate/