Postdoc Implementing Campus Innovations
Curious about innovations and the possibilities to use the campus as a living lab? In this position you connect university research, innovation policy and campus operations at TU Delft.
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 16 - 32 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
The chair of Public Real Estate has a 25-year legacy of studying the campus. Using the campus as a living lab for innovations has become an increasingly important topic. On this topic, we search a Postdoc who studies the drivers and barriers of using the campus as a living lab. If you are fascinated by innovations, this position is a chance to study them and work with decision makers who (want to) test them on campus.
As a candidate for this position, you are fascinated by both theory and practice and could serve as a connector and interpreter in campus management and innovation processes. You acknowledge the complexity of decision making and are eager to find optimal solutions, which contribute to a meaningful, functional, affordable, and sustainable built environment.
As a Postdoc researcher your indicative tasks will be:
- making a database of campus innovations
- assessing the organisational, financial, functional and physical (sustainable/technical) stakeholders and context of campus innovations;
- mapping the current campus decision making, campus organisation and use of campus management information at TU Delft;
- having an active role in university / campus networks (VSNU + Dutch campus directors)
- defining a roadmap to implement campus innovations;
- publishing about your findings with the research team.
You will become a member of TU Delft's Campus Research Team and work together on this project with another postdoc as well as with professors, PhDs, MSc students in an international network. You will participate in national and international network organisations related to university campus management.
To assure a link with practice, you will also be engaged in the university's campus decision making, aligning with TU Delft policy - also using TU Delft Campus as a living lab to demonstrate and implement innovations - and contributing to other campus goals, which are summarized in TU Delft's "Strategic Framework 2018-2024" (identity, community, excellence etc.). You will therefore also spend time at TU Delft's department of Campus Real Estate (CRE).
Your main workplace is at the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment, at the department of Management in the Built Environment (MBE). You will regularly report about your work, both orally in progress meetings as well as in writing deliverable reports. You will disseminate your work through publications in scientific journals and conferences. Academic supervisors are professor Alexandra den Heijer and assistant professor Monique Arkesteijn, plus supervisors from campus management practice (CRE).
We are looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented candidate who:
- has a relevant PhD degree combined with a broad interest in connecting different research fields (generalist);
- has affinity with design, management and economics;
- has the skills to provide facts (policy, goals), images and figures (people, m2, euros, kWh);
- will participate in activities of the CRE department that are related to the scientific work
- has proven team-working capabilities, communication skills and experience in academic publishing;
- understands Dutch (important-to-have) and is willing to start as soon as possible.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact dr. Monique Arkesteijn, assistant professor Real Estate Management, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 278 8427.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Caro Coemans, HR Advisor, email: email@example.com.