Postdoc position (AMOLF, Amsterdam): Tailored electron wavefunctions in quantum coherent cathodoluminescence microscopy
Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - NWO-institutenorganisatie - Utrecht
The position is part of the ERC-funded project "INFLUENCE: Influence-based Decision-making in Uncertain Environments" which aims to significantly scale up …
The position is part of the ERC-funded project "INFLUENCE: Influence-based Decision-making in Uncertain Environments" which aims to significantly scale up decision making for complex systems. For instance, we will develop techniques to enable city-scale coordination of traffic lights control or better autonomous warehousing (e.g., order picking) with large teams of robots.
You will work in a team of several postdocs and PhD students.
This position will focus on high-performance simulation-based planning and learning, and the candidate is expected to play a leading role in the design of novel algorithms and their implementation and evaluation.
The ideal candidate:
- has a PhD degree in AI or closely related topics in computer science, math, or physics.
- has top-tier publications in the general area of reinforcement learning and decision making under uncertainty
- has excellent algorithmic skills
- has ample experience in team development projects as well as implementing complex high-performance algorithms in C++.
- has experience in frameworks such as CUDA, openMP, MPI
- is fluent in English
- is self motivated; has the drive to succeed individually
- is a team player; has the desire to succeed as a team, and has the ambition to take a leading role in such a team
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position please contact Frans Oliehoek, e-mail: email@example.com.
To apply, please submit the following application material:
(1) Curriculum Vitae (with publications if you have any).
(2) Course lists with grades and degree certificates
(3) A letter of application in which you explain both your motivation and the relevance of your skills and experience for this research project. The motivational letter should be on-topic, generic letters will cause your application to be rejected immediately.
(4) A list of 3 (academic) references that we can contact
(5) A copy of your PhD thesis.
Please send your application material to: firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018-26.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. The first round of interviews will be conducted based on applications received before April 23rd 2018.