Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoc in Influence-based Abstraction, Learning and Coordination
The position is part of the ERC-funded project "INFLUENCE: Influence-based Decision-making in Uncertain Environments" which aims to significantly scale up …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
The position is part of the ERC-funded project "INFLUENCE: Influence-based Decision-making in Uncertain Environments" which aims to significantly scale up decision making for complex systems. For instance, we will develop techniques to enable city-scale coordination of traffic lights control or better autonomous warehousing (e.g., order picking) with large teams of robots.
You will work in a team of several postdocs and PhD students.
This position will emphasize theoretical aspects of decision making under uncertainty and multiagent reinforcement learning and coordination. You will be expected to work on individual research goals, as well as to play a key a role in analytical questions in joint research.
The ideal candidate:
- has a PhD degree in AI or closely related topics in computer science, math, or physics.
- has an excellent track record in the general area of machine learning, (multiagent) reinforcement learning or planning under uncertainty, as evidenced by publications at top-tier venues,
- has demonstrable experience in theoretical analysis of algorithms (e.g., proving approximation or sample bounds)
- is self motivated; has the drive to succeed individually
- is a team player; has the desire to succeed as a team
Additionally, experience with modern machine learning and/or robotics frameworks (e.g., tensor flow, ROS) or HPC computing frameworks (e.g. CUDA, openMP, MPI) will be considered a plus.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position please contact Frans Oliehoek, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 0624890176.
To apply, please submit the following application material:
(1) Curriculum Vitae (with publications if you have any).
(2) Course lists with grades and degree certificates
(3) A letter of application in which you explain both your motivation and the relevance of your skills and experience for this research project. The motivational letter should be on-topic, generic letters will cause your application to be rejected immediately.
(4) A list of 3 (academic) references that we can contact
(5) Your PhD thesis.
Please send your application material to: email@example.com. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018-27.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. The first round of interviews will be conducted based on applications received before September 17, 2018.