Postdoc LDE Bold Cities
Our interest in data-driven approaches is twofold: (i) How can big, open, linked data (BOLD) contribute to improving the analysis and development of the urban …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 1 - 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
Our interest in data-driven approaches is twofold:
(i) How can big, open, linked data (BOLD) contribute to improving the analysis and development of the urban built environment? In Dutch cities, a growing volume of various data is being continuously produced. How can these data be used to inform and evaluate decisions taken by urban stakeholders?
(ii) How can data produced by AECO (architecture, engineering, construction and operation of buildings) connect to other BOLD? Throughout the lifecycle of the built environment, a wealth of relevant data is produced that remains largely underutilized in urban decion making. How can these become accessible and interoperable with wider data techniques?
The postdoc researcher is expected to:
(1) Contribute to the development of a framework for urban data analytics that addresses the above questions.
(2) Coordinate activities of the Centre for BOLD Cities at TU Delft.
(3) Develop research proposals to apply for funding to use, test and improve this framework.
All activities will be carried out under supervision by prof. Ellen van Bueren and dr. Alexander Koutamanis, in collaboration with other researchers in the framework of the Centre for BOLD Cities.
- PhD in computer or data science
- Proven experience in relevant research
- Affinity with urban questions
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work cost contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
More information on BOLD Cities: www.centre-for-bold-cities.nl/
For more information about this position, please contact Alexander Koutamanis, Associate Professor, phone: +31 (0)15 2784957, email: email@example.com