Postdoc Position Designing Stakeholder Meetings on the Ethics of Quantum Technologies (0,8 FTE)
Challenge: Find ways to explore the ethics of quantum technologies.
Change: Design tools like scenario building and co-creation stakeholder events.
Impact: The ethical issues of future technology
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
You will be part of the Ethics/Philosophy of Technology department at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, and work within the European project TechEthos. The TU Delft Ethics/Philosophy of Technology Department is a large and dynamic philosophy department engaged in expert research on the societal impact of modern technologies. TechEthos is a three-year project aiming at a EU research and innovation ethics approach for future technologies with high socio-economic impact. Quantum technology is one of such technologies and the challenge is to explore with experts and citizen the ethical issues that such future technologies bring. You will be working for two and a half year, part-time for four days a week, developing tools like scenarios building, serious games, short ethnographic studies and co-creative stakeholders consultations. You work together with Dr. Pieter Vermaas, TU Delft, and collaborate with European researchers in the TechEthos consortium.
- A PhD degree in philosophy or ethics of technology, in STS, in design research or in a related field.
- A proven track-record in applied ethics or stakeholder consultations.
- Experience with design tools like scenario building, co-creation or serious games.
- Ability to constructively collaborate with multiple European researchers.
- An appetite for an adventurous journey from Delft to Europe, from ethics to design, and from experts to citizens.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Pieter Vermaas, Researcher, email: email@example.com, tel: +31626697922.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Anita van Vianen, HR Advisor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.