Postdoc position Digital Twin for Green Shipping
The Digital Twin for Green Shipping (DT4GS) is a Horizon Europe project with over 20 industry and university partners aimed at delivering an “Open Digital …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- € 2846 - € 4490 per maand
The Digital Twin for Green Shipping (DT4GS) is a Horizon Europe project with over 20 industry and university partners aimed at delivering an “Open Digital Twin Framework” for shipping companies and waterborne industry actors to tap into new opportunities made available through the use of Digital Twins(DTs). DT4GS will enable shipping stakeholders to embrace DT innovations to support smart green shipping in the upgrade of existing ships and new vessels. DT4GS will cover the full ship lifecycle. Applications will focus on shipping companies but will also provide decarbonisation decision-support system for shipyards, equipment manufacturers, port authorities and operators, river commissions, classification societies, energy companies and transport/corridor infrastructure companies. DT4GS’s objectives are to:
- Support shipping companies in achieving up to 20% reduction in CO2e with a 2026 horizon, by developing and deploying real-time configurable DTs for ship and fleet operational performance optimisation.
- Establish a comprehensive zero-emission shipping methodology and support Virtual Testbed and Decision Support Systems that address both new builds and retrofits.
The Postdoc position will support analysing the application of digital twins in enabling decarbonisation of shipping and the development of associated modelling frameworks to support practical innovations in ship performance optimisation, ship retrofitting, and Smart Green Ship new builds. More specifically, the Postdoc will focus on:
- Developing a comprehensive methodology covering the application of Digital Twins in the design and production of new green autonomous vessels
- Delivering a comprehensive DT-enabled design methodology for zero emission shipping both for retrofit and new builds.
- Support developing a zero-emission shipping decision support system for both retrofit and new builds supporting all shipping industry stakeholders involved in transition to zero emissions shipping
We are seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic Postdoc who has expertise and/or interest in one or more of the following areas: complex or zero emission ship design, digital engineering or digital twins, zero emission power and propulsion technologies, or similar area. You have obtained a PhD or an equivalent degree or expect to obtain an PhD very soon related to these areas (naval architecture, marine engineering, digital engineering, mechanical engineering, or other related fields). Good spoken and written English and the ability to work in a team are mandatory.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (salary indication: € 3.561 - € 4.490 per month). The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
The position has a fixed-term contract of 36 months.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Austin Kana, email: email@example.com.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Nathalie van Benthem, HR Advisor, email: application-3mE@tudelft.nl.