Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoc position in Computer Graphics
The classic setting of a standard screen, a compute device, and a single user is about to change, with the advent of many-view rendering scenarios. …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
The classic setting of a standard screen, a compute device, and a single user is about to change, with the advent of many-view rendering scenarios. Stereoscopic, virtual-reality, augmented reality, multi-view, and soon light-field and holographic displays (to provide correct depth perception) enter the mass market and, even advanced effects, such as global illumination, require many images of the same virtual content. The postdoc position will be integrated in a group of PhD candidates and collaborators investigating this topic from several angles. We are developing adapted rendering solutions and object representations for these scenarios, including models of perceptual aspects to reduce the computational load and increase the visual quality of the depictions. Finally, we will also investigate how to control design tools to influence scene complexity.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
• You are a talented and enthusiastic researcher.
• You have experience with or a strong background in computer graphics. The topics can include and pattern recognition. Preferably you finished a master in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, (Applied) Physics or Electrical Engineering.
• You have a strong experience in programming skills.
• You have good communication skills and are able to work in a team.
• You are creative, ambitious, hardworking and persistent.
• You have a good command of the English language (knowledge of Dutch is not required).
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact prof.dr. Elmar Eisemann, head of the section CGV; firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: +31(0)152782528.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV (with contact to two referees) along with a short letter of motivation, a publication list, and two selected publications. Please also attach a version of your PhD thesis if it is not publicly available. Please send your application material before august 1, 2018 to: Hremail@example.com. When applying for this postition, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018.44.