2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for an Assistant Professor Methodology and Statistics. Are you interested? Then plea…
IEPG is seeking a post-doctoral fellow to conduct research on the design of methods for hierarchical control of large size demand side response to mitigate …
IEPG is seeking a post-doctoral fellow to conduct research on the design of methods for hierarchical control of large size demand side response to mitigate stability threats in high voltage transmission systems, with focus on a case study in the North of the Netherlands. The context is multi-energy sector coupling: harvesting renewable energy via offshore wind power plants, interconnected via MMC VSC based HVDC embedded HVDC link, and power electronic interfaced electrolysers. The research activities will be based on real-time digital simulation, laboratory scale experiments (e.g. hardware-in-the-loop testing), and real-world data from a large size electrolyser.
This post-doctoral position, starting June 2018, offers a great opportunity to participate in a cutting-edge European research project involving strong academia-industry collaboration. The post-doc will be working closely with other Postdoc fellows working at IEPG and interacting with researchers of European transmission system operators and experts working in different areas of multi-energy Sector coupling.
We are looking for excellent candidates with the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems or a closely related field.
•Background in power system stability and control.
• Background in modelling and control of power electronic devices (MMC HVDC systems).
•Experience with Real Time Digital Simulation and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
• Ability to work in a project team and to take leadership and responsibility for different research tasks.
• Proficiency in English for effective communication and writing.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position, please contact J. L. Rueda-Torres, phone: +31 (0)15-2786239, e-mail: J.L.Ruedatorres@tudelft.nl. To apply, please send the following:
1) Detailed Curriculum Vitae (with detailed list of publications)
2) A letter of application (up to 4 pages), in which you explain both your interest and the relevance of your skills and experience for this position. The letter should also describe the applicant’s initial thoughts for innovation and scientific contributions.
3) A list of three (academic and/or industry) references that we can contact
4) A 1-page summary of the main contributions of your PhD thesis in English.
Please e-mail your application by 25 May 2018 to Mrs. C.A. Reijenga, Hremail@example.com.
When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2018-35.