2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PostDoc Virtual and Augmented Reality for the Future of Sailing
This Postdoc position will be part of a project in collaboration with the Sailing Innovation Center (sailinginnovationcentre.nl), whose goal is to create …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3389 - € 4274 per maand
This Postdoc position will be part of a project in collaboration with the Sailing Innovation Center (sailinginnovationcentre.nl), whose goal is to create excitement for the sailing sport by involving modern technologies.
Modern technologies, such as Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality, offer new possibilities for immersion, which we intend to make use of in a sailing context. A sailing athlete has to consider complex information; the boat, the wind, the sea currents and more to decide how to act and react. While athletes are trained in combining these factors, for external observers, their decisions are not always clear. Further, many of the factors that went into the decision are not directly available and it is quite difficult to follow a competition without the necessary background knowledge. The goal of this project is to make the information understandable and accessible to a larger audience to improve the engagement of the observers. The project is supported by many partners, including several companies providing streaming models and sailing related data via sensors and the candidate will work closely with a PhD student, who is investigating data models to discover patterns in order to improve training analysis. The work will further be developed in a practical setting with strong collaboration with the sailers and coaches.
The developed research is intended to be employed in future sailing competitions by the Dutch Sailing Team.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
• You are a talented and enthusiastic researcher.
• You have a PhD in Computer Graphics or Visualization, ideally with focus on Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality.
• You have relevant publications for the project and in the field of computer graphics and Visualization.
• Preferably you finished a master in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, (Applied) Physics or Electrical Engineering.
• You have excellent programming skills and experience.
• You have good communication skills, and the ability to participate successfully in the work of a multidisciplinary research team.
• You are creative, ambitious, hardworking and persistent.
• You have a good command of the English language (knowledge of Dutch is not required).
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Karin Reijenga, HR-Adviser, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please e-mail: a motivation Letter, detailed CV, diploma (and potential score sheets) for Master/PhD, selection of 3 articles and contact details of 2 references before July 1st, 2019. When applying for this position please refer to vacancy number EWI2019.30.