2 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoctoral researcher in applied homogeneus catalysis for CO2 valorization
At the Inorganic Systems Engineering group of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Delft University of Technology we are looking for a postdoctoral …
- Lorentzweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 4274 per maand
At the Inorganic Systems Engineering group of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Delft University of Technology we are looking for a postdoctoral researcher in applied homogeneous catalysis for selective hydrogenation of carbon dioxide. The project will focus catalyst development and process optimization for the conversion of carbon dioxide to value-added chemicals. The project will be carried out in a close collaboration with an industrial partner actively working in this field towards practical implementation of the related catalytic technologies. Despite having an applied focus, the project is fundamental in nature. The key objectives will include synthesis and optimization of an organometallic catalyst followed by the detailed investigation of its catalytic behaviour, reaction mechanisms and kinetics.
The expected starting date is Fall 2019. The position is for 1 year with a possibility for an extension.
As a postdoctoral candidate you will;
- Carry out synthesis of coordination and organometallic complexes to be used as homogeneous catalysts for CO2 conversion
- Characterize these molecules with an array of physical chemical methods (NMR, MS, etc)
- Carry out catalytic tests and investigate reactivity of the obtained catalysts
- Provide daily guidance to BSc and/or MSc students working with on this project
- Keep up to date with the literature related to the research project
- Actively participate in the scientific discussion within the group
- A PhD in chemistry/ molecular catalysis / applied homogeneous catalysis / catalysis engineering
- Experience with synthesis of organic and organometallic compounds
- Affinity with catalysis and physical chemistry
- Proven skills of (relatively) independent scientific writing in English
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate and adapt to an international and multidisciplinary research team.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this position please contact dr. E.A. Pidko, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.