Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoctoral Researcher in degassing of geothermal fluids
The TU Delft is opening a position in the project “REFLECT: Redefining geothermal fluid properties at extreme conditions to optimize future geothermal …
- Stevinweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3389 - € 4274 per maand
The TU Delft is opening a position in the project “REFLECT: Redefining geothermal fluid properties at extreme conditions to optimize future geothermal energy extraction”, funded by the European Commission - Horizon 2020 for 2+1 years. A key objective is to optimize future geothermal energy extraction by investigating challenges related to multiple chemical and physical reactions such as mineral precipitation or degassing. At TU Delft, the degassing kinetics of high temperature, highly saline fluids shall be investigated.
- Upgrade a pre-existing high-pressure cell to function across the entire range of temperature and pressure conditions required.
- Perform experiments to study the degasification kinetics at simulated geothermal reservoir conditions.
- Perform experiments to study the degasification kinetics in a porous medium.
- Contribute to the supervision of MSc and PhD students where applicable.
- Applicants should hold a PhD in geochemistry, chemistry, physics, petroleum engineering or equivalent with a strong experimental track record, preferably in geo-energy or even geothermal energy
- Expertise in chemical modeling, foam generation and image processing methods will be considered as an advantage, but not a necessity for the application.
- Ability and willingness to work independently in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in written and spoken English are mandatory.
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Coming to Delft Service organizes diverse events for new international employees and their accompanying partners, like Partner Career Workshops and Dutch Culture Workshops. Located on campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Anne Pluymakers, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 015-2787599.