Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - UNU-MERIT - Maastricht
Research manager Geothermal energy
One of the major research themes of the Department of Geoscience & Engineering is Geothermal Science & Engineering. The theme has been established …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
One of the major research themes of the Department of Geoscience & Engineering is Geothermal Science & Engineering. The theme has been established within the university in 2017 and is growing steadily. Therefore, we are looking for a Research Manager to support the academic staff to manage and expand research activities within this theme.
TU Delft is a multi-disciplinary research environment, where strong fundamental science is applied to grand societal challenges, and offers the ideal environment to become a global player in Geothermal research and development. The research theme Geothermal Science & Engineering connects all researchers working on this topic in the department and faculty. Major research facilities are a geothermal well and the petrophysics lab. Both facilities are integrated in the Dutch research infrastructure EPOS-NL.
As a Research Manager you will collaborate with scientists, (academic) support staff and external contacts. This means that you will deal with various cultural and professional backgrounds. You will work closely with the Geothermal theme leader, yet, you will work independently and take the lead in various activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project management of the TU Delft component of EPOS-NL, and other related projects within the geothermal portfolio, i.e. ensure planning and management of finances and research deliverables, and organising and coordinating transnational access to the unique research facilities of EPOS-NL at TU Delft
- Coordination with the EPOS-NL partners and (to a lesser extent) the European EPOS community; i.e. contract issues, communication with project partnerd
- Developing strategies for geothermal data management
- Coordination of communication and dissemination activities
- Stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Consortium forming for future research collaboration
- Coordination with various TU Delft services, such as the 4TU.Research Data, Finance and Communication services, as well as Delft Energy Initiative and its Urban Energy Platform
To fullfill this role smoothly, you are a blended professional with an academic background in geosciences or engineering, with the ambition and capabilities to support researchers in their activities. You feel at ease collaborating with scientists, (academic) support staff and external contacts.
The position requires a high level of organisational and communication skills. You are pro-active and eager to learn. Proven experience in managing larger research projects or programmes is beneficial. A high level of competence in English is required and Dutch is advantageous.
This position has an amount of 32-38 working hours per week (0,8 -1,0 fte). It is a temporary employment contract for a period of 1 year with the prospect of permanent. Depending on your experience, the salary is based on scale 10 or 11 with a maximum of €4978,- gross per month on a fulltime basis. You will be classified on the basis of knowledge and experience. Besides of course the holiday allowance in May, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December. You can also compile a part of your terms of employment package yourself with the help of the Individual Terms and Conditions package, including buying and selling leave hours. An International Children’s Centre offers child care and an international primary school. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Dr. Phil Vardon, Geothermal theme lead / Associate professor Geo-Engineering, e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +31 15 2781456, and Dr. Anke Dählmann, research support officer, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 15 2789511
Please e-mail a motivation letter with a detailed CV in one single document entitled Lastname_CiTG19.18.pdf by 25 July 2019 to Recruitment-CiTG@tudelft.nl.