1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Research officer (Post-doc level) Diversity, Migration and Inequality
The successful candidate will join the new interdisciplinary LDE Center ‘Governance of Migration and Diversity’. This position provides an …
- Julianalaan, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 32 uur
- € 3389 - € 4018 per maand
The successful candidate will join the new interdisciplinary LDE Center ‘Governance of Migration and Diversity’. This position provides an exciting opportunity to set up a program of research, teaching and impact activities in collaboration with senior academic staff members of the LDE Center and its constituent departments at Leiden, Delft and Erasmus University. The candidate will initiate and maintain contacts with academics and policy stakeholders and societal partners. The candidate will actively work on funding proposals (from national and European agencies, e.g. Horizon 2020) and carry out collaborative research projects in the field of diversity, migration and socio-spatial inequality, together with LDE colleagues. The candidate will organise and participate in workshops and other public events of the LDE Center, and will publish in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
While the candidate supports tasks aimed at building up the LDE Center, there are opportunities to partly fulfil the position with self-initiated activities. The candidate will have a supervisor in Delft but co-operate with several key LDE senior staff members. Hence, the candidate will not only work in Delft, but also in Rotterdam, Leiden and The Hague.
The successful candidate for this position is pro-active, likes to take initiative, works independently and has:
- An international profile with work expertise in the field of diversity, migration, socio-spatial inequality, or governance;
- A PhD-degree in the social or spatial sciences, such a urban geography, (urban) sociology, planning, public administration, policy studies or other relevant disciplines;
- A clear motivation for and track record in connecting scientific research, practitioner knowledge and policy;
- Strong networking, teamwork and communicative skills, both in speech and in writing;
- Published articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
- A proven ability to draft and submit funding proposals to private/public funding agencies;
- Basic mastery of the Dutch language (level Nt2) is considered as an asset
- Experience with analysis of large datasets is considered as an asset.
TU Delft creates equal opportunities and encourages women to apply
This position is offered for three years. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Associate Professor Reinout Kleinhans, Delft co-ordinator of the LDE Center GMD, email: email@example.com.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature