2 dagen geleden - Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen - Amsterdam
Scientist Delft High Performance Computing Centre
The Delft High Performance Computing Centre (DHPC) is offering a position for a scientist with a strong involvement in High Performance Computing. You will be …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The Delft High Performance Computing Centre (DHPC) is offering a position for a scientist with a strong involvement in High Performance Computing.
You will be the main contact person for the researchers and students in Delft using DHPC.
DHPC is an initiative of the TU Delft in order to meet the increasing amount of computing power that is needed at the TU Delft campus. DHPC is both for developing better high-performance simulation packages for researchers, but also for the training of BSc, MSc and PhD students. Not only is computing time and hardware needed, a complete ecosystem (hardware, software, peopleware and mathware) is being developed in order to play a leading role in the forefront of High Performance Computing. DHPC is expected to open in June 2021.
The development of DHPC is not done in isolation. There’s a close collaboration with ICT, data stewards, researchers and teachers at the TU Delft. Furthermore, after a start-up period, collaboration with other Dutch universities (EUR, Leiden, 4TU) and international universities will be of primary importance.
- Coordinates the pool of six faculty experts consisting of researchers and computer scientists;
- Maintains good contacts with the various groups of the TU Delft Institute for Computational Science and Engineering (DCSE) about DHPC;
- Provides support for Computational Science and Engineering questions;
- Develops new courses both on programming, FPGA computers, Tensor computers etc.;
- Coordinates and gives courses on GPU computing, MPI, PETSc and many other important packages;
- Offers hands on training to the various users;
- Conducts research in the field of High Performance Computing;
- Supports and contributes to funding requests;
- Collaborates with SURFsara and other supercomputer centres.
- PhD level;
- Is aware of the newest HPC funding opportunities in the Netherlands and Europe;
- Strong educational track record, with experience in designing and teaching courses related to high performance computing;
- You focus on cooperating with others and you are sensitive to the various stakeholder interests (scientists, ICT, finance, procurement and legal);
- You are a networker;
- You are used to speak for large groups;
- Knowledge of up to date software like compilers, CUDA, MPI, OpenMP, OpenCL, OpenACC is of primary importance;
- Knowledge of up to date user software like OpenFOAM, PETSc, CFX, LAMMP is also very important.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Prof. Kees Vuik, Full Professor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org