Senior Electronics Engineer
The Department of Cognitive Robotics is looking for an electronics engineer (BSc or Master), with extensive experience in design and programming of real-time …
- Mekelweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
The Department of Cognitive Robotics is looking for an electronics engineer (BSc or Master), with extensive experience in design and programming of real-time embedded electronics.
You will be involved in the design, testing, and commercialisation of advanced ground and aerial robotic platforms for industry, inspection, agriculture, and transport including self-driving cars; more specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Conceptual electronics design
• Electronics development
• Software development
• Mechatronics design.
You will support students, PhD students, post-docs and our scientific staff in their research and education. You will participate in research projects where you will offer technical advice, support, and supervision during the preparation, execution, and evaluation phases of the projects. An important aspect is the supervision and care for a safe working environment.
We offer support in the form of workshop personnel and manufacturing facilities.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• Experience with embedded hardware design: Design of advanced electronics to control real-time robotic systems, including PCB design and layout (with ALTIUM or others), choice of and communication with components such as microcontrollers, sensors, and actuators.
• Experience with design of digital and analogue electronics
• Experience with embedded software for such devices, handling of time-critical systems, real-time behaviour, with and without operating systems (bare-metal programming)
• Experience with design and integration of electronics with mechanical parts
• Preferably experience with x86 & ARM architectures, (ATMEL) microcontrollers, C/C++-based programming, GNU toolchain, vendor-specific toolchains
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV and letter of application to I. Bruckner, application-3mE@tudelft.nl. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number 3mE19-11.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. M. Wisse, phone: +31 (0)15-278-6834, e-mail: M.Wisse@tudelft.nl.