Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Chemical Engineering
We are looking for talented individuals with a strong background and track-record in chemical engineering who strive to bring innovations in the field. We …
- Van der Maasweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3545 - € 4852 per maand
We are looking for talented individuals with a strong background and track-record in chemical engineering who strive to bring innovations in the field. We welcome applicants who are eager to develop an independent research line based on creative and innovative ideas in the field of chemical (reaction/process) engineering. Candidates are expected to strongly contribute to the support and development of the chemical engineering educational program at TU Delft. We are especially looking for enthusiastic and cooperative scientists with excellent communication and networking skills, capable of working in multidisciplinary research teams.
A Tenure Track, a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the prospect of becoming an associate or full professor, offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. During the Tenure Track, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognised academic. We offer a structured career and personal development programme designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible. For more information about the faculty’s Tenure Track policy, please click here.
The department of Chemical Engineering has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
As a successful candidate for a tenure track assistant professor position you should:
• Have a PhD degree in chemical engineering and experience as a post-doctoral researcher;
• have substantial cross-disciplinary and international experience;
• have excellent communication, networking and organizational skills;
• be well connected and maintaining a network of academic partners as well of industrial partners;
• have an outstanding research record, as reflected in high-quality scientific publications/ patents;
• be capable to set up and maintain a research group by securing a portfolio of research grants and projects.
You are expected to have an excellent level of English, both written and spoken. At the point of a tenure decision, Dutch language skills should be at the level of practical communication.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
The TU Delft values the didactic qualities of its corps of teaching faculty members. You will be admitted into a program that brings you to a level of a certified basic teaching qualification, unless you can demonstrate that you already have an equivalent certification.
To apply for this position, you are invited to submit a complete application package as a single zip archive containing the following documents:
- Cover letter providing a brief motivation and justification for the suitability of you as a candidate for the current position (not longer than 2 A4 pages);
- extended CV with full publication list provided as an appendix;
- statement of research interests and of teaching interests. In these statements you reflect on your achievements up to present, you detail immediate scientific and didactic ambitions for the duration of the tenure-track appointment and you detail general ambitions further into the future (not more that 4 + 2 pages in a balanced narrative style).
Failure to submit the application package in the requested format will automatically disqualify the candidate. The application deadline is September 1, 2018. The position is expected to be filled in spring 2019.
For more information about this position, please send an e-mail to the faculty search committee: email@example.com. To apply, please e-mail your complete application package to the faculty search committee: firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1, 2018. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number TNWCE18-042.