Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Three Assistant Professor (tenure track) positions in Biotechnology, TU Delft
The Department of Biotechnology at Delft University of Technology invites applications for three tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in Biotechnology. …
- Van der Maasweg, Delft, Zuid-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Department of Biotechnology at Delft University of Technology invites applications for three tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in Biotechnology.
We are looking for talented and motivated candidates who will develop new, independent research lines in industrial or environmental biotechnology. Proposed research lines can be either experimental, computational and/or focused on process engineering. Possible research directions could, for example, be the i) metabolic engineering of microorganisms for the direct or indirect use of electricity in industrial processes, ii) biopolymer production by microbial consortia, or (iii) process engineering for the development of continuous, sustainable bioprocesses.
We expect our new colleagues to enthusiastically teach and develop courses in the BSc programmes Life Science and Technology (LST) and /or Molecular Science and Technology, which are taught together with Leiden University, and in the TU Delft MSc programmes Life Science and Technology and/or Chemical Engineering. In addition, they will supervise BSc, MSc, PDEng, and PhD students during their research projects.
Successful applicants can expect a competitive start-up package for their research program, which they should further expand by attracting external research funding. Specialized staff members are available at TU Delft to support tenure-track assistant professors in building and strengthening their own research programs and to provide administrative support interdisciplinary and collaborative research ventures. Experienced scientists in the Department of Biotechnology are ready to act as sounding boards and mentors in discussions on scientific and personal development.
The ideal candidate has:
- MSc and PhD in biology, chemistry, (bio)chemical engineering, and/or equivalent discipline(s)
- Relevant post-doctoral research experience
- a vision on how to develop a new, independent research line that is complementary to current research in the Department
- a passion for education and coaching of students and early-stage researchers
- proficiency in English, and, for foreign candidates, the willingness to learn the Dutch language to a level sufficient for classroom teaching at the BSc level
- affinity with research at the interface of academia and industry, and with working in multidisciplinary teams
- motivation and inherent ability to acquire funding, both via competitive individual grants, public-private partnerships and direct industrial funding.
At the start of the tenure-track you will be appointed as Assistant Professor for the duration of six years. Section leader, department leaders and you will agree upon expected performance and (soft) skills. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and the mid-term evaluation. If the performance and skills are evaluated positively at the end of the tenure track, you will be appointed in a permanent Assistant Professor position.
TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school. Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, we allow you up to three years to obtain this.
For more information about this vacancy or about the selection procedure, you can contact Dr.ir. T. Vos via recruitment-BT@tudelft.nl.