2 dagen geleden - Novatech International - Breda
Program Coordinator Mathematics
- Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- Aantal jaren werkervaring:
- 2-5 jaar, 5-10 jaar
Program Coordinator Mathematics
0.8 -1 fte
The Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of dept. M&CS is looking for a Program Coordinator Mathematics.
Eindhoven University of Technology
TU/e is a University of Technology with a focus on Health, Energy and Mobility. TU/e is an open and inclusive university with short communication lines. The people are curious, collaborative, and strive for excellence. TU/e enables its academic staff to develop research and education at an internationally renowned level. Our lively campus community facilitates connections between staff and students, in an open, friendly, vibrant atmosphere that welcomes and inspires.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
With over 100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, about 1300 Bachelor students and 700 Master students, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is one of the largest departments of the TU/e. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, and maintaining strong ties with industry, M&CS aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region. This is reflected in a rich portfolio of projects and grants that our professors attract (including ERC and national level personal grants, H2020, NWO, and industry co-funded projects). M&CS is offering high-quality educational programs including multiple Bachelor and Master programs, all fully taught in English, including a full Data Science curriculum.
The department’s relationship with the high-tech industry in the Brainport region means that interested staff and students can contribute directly to the development of technological innovations with real-world relevance. The department has produced a number of successful spin-offs and participates in many national and international research consortia.
The support unit Education and Student Affairs (ESA) is the central point at the TU/e where students and staff receive a variety of services in the field of education. The ESA team is responsible for support for all bachelor and master education. ESA is also responsible for policy preparation and policy implementation in the field of education, internationalization, quality assurance and accreditation, and it supports both the Executive Board and the Departments.
In this position(s), you are part of the Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of M&CS. This new position as a non-scientific Program Coordinator is created to reduce the capacity of scientific staff dedicated to program management. The Program Coordinator’s responsibilities lie within the Bachelor's program in Applied Mathematics, Master Program Industrial and Applied Mathematics, and Service teaching mathematics. Your job is to keep track of all administrative and organizational needs of the degree programs, and to organize and execute their support by ESA. Additionally, the Program Coordinator makes proposals for educational innovation and curriculum improvements and implements these, subject to approval by the Program Director(s). You are the main liaison between the Program Directors and ESA. Your daily colleagues in this job are Teacher Support, Quality Assurance, Policy Advice, Academic Advisors and of course the Program Directors. The Program Coordinator reports to the Manager ESA within M&CS.
Teamwork and personal development are important to us; we actively support you in taking up your new position and focus on your professional growth opportunities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Your main responsibility is to ensure the smooth organization of the degree programs.
- You provide administrative support such as: make overviews, prepare capacity budgets, set up education guides, check subject information in course guides, prepare audits, collect data.
- You contribute to the development and organization of the current and desired education programs ensuring optimal implementation of education. This includes recording the curriculum and parts of its implementation in the Program and Examination Regulations.
- You create actionable reports for Program Management on numbers and trends of incoming students, exchange students, premaster students, students involved in final projects and internships.
- You take inventory of required curriculum changes and ensure impact analysis of these changes, e.g. on study feasibility of the program and effects on intended learning outcomes of the program. You make proposals for the educational policy of the relevant study program, such as the program-specific part in accreditations.
- You draft recommendations to the examination and program committee of the relevant programs and you also align with the study association’s education commissioner.
- You organize information, e.g. through presentations and on the study guide, to students and program committee about relevant changes and deadlines in the Program.
- You have an academic background (BSc/MSc) preferably in Mathematics or a related field.
- You preferably have experience with educational programming, development, or policy.
- You are able to communicate with teachers about the content of the subjects in relation to the curriculum, learning objectives and educational activities.
- You are a team player and can present different points of view and take them into consideration.
- You can set priorities and delegate.
- Strong communication skills both in Dutch and English.
- Analytical capacity
- Environment orientation
- Result orientation
- Conditions of employment
We offer you:
- A challenging job (0.8-1.0 fte) in a department that has a large educational responsibility.
- Working in a team of ambitious experts
- Temporary appointment for a period of one year with the possibility of extension at proven competence/the prospect of a permanent contract of employment.
- The salary will depend on your education, knowledge and experience, and will be a minimum of € 2,790 and a maximum of € 4,402 gross per month on a fulltime basis (scale 10 Collective Labor Agreement for the Dutch Universities).
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, partially paid parental leave, commuting expenses, 41 days of holiday, extra holiday allowance 8% in May, end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December and excellent sports facilities.
- Depending on resume and work experience a contract via EuFlex (the TU/e secondment organization) can be considered.
- Information about the Department M&CS can be found at: https://www.tue.nl/en/our-university/departments/mathematics-and-computer-science/
- Questions regarding the content of the position can be directed to the Head of ESA M&CS ir. L.A. (Larisa) Camfferman: email@example.com or by telephone +31 40 247 8308
- For information about the employment conditions at TU/e see: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/why-tue/compensation-and-benefits/
- Other information can be obtained from the HR Department, e-mail: HRServices.MCS@tue.nl
The dates for the first round of interviews will be:
The first round consists of a meeting with the manager of ESA and members of program management, and a meeting with future colleagues.
The dates for the second round of interviews will be:
If you are invited to the second round you will receive an assignment for which a short preparation is required, and you will present the outcome to a small panel. Dates to be announced later.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the applicationbutton on the TU/e website, before January 3th 2021. application should be addressed to the Head of ESA: ir. L.A. (Larisa) Camfferman. Your application must include:
- One-page cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position
- A detailed CV
- Contact information of two referees
We cannot respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind that you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If nessary please combine files.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Coördinator, Programmacoördinator, Wiskunde, Computer Science, Mathematics, Programming, Development