3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant/Associate professor in Circular Polymer Materials
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry has a vacancy for an Assistant/Associate professor in Chemical Engineering
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
TU Eindhoven (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands. The Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at TU/e is renowned for its top research and education in areas such as Sustainable Process Technology, Materials Chemistry and Functional Materials. Our researchers focus on societal challenges concerning energy, circular economy and next-generation adaptive materials that will radically change our life. Technology is developed to manufacture sustainable chemicals and fuels, to develop new materials to convert and store energy, to synthesize recyclable polymers, and to design smart materials that improve contact between humans and robots.
As part of a nation-wide initiative to stimulate the chemical and engineering sciences, the department invites applications for a new faculty position in the following area:
Circular polymer materials.
The field of polymeric materials requires a fundamental transition from synthesis out of fossil-based feedstock and one-time use, to continuous re-use of polymeric products. Besides reducing carbon footprint, this transition also poses highly challenging academic research questions related to energy-efficient polymerization and depolymerization processes in relation to recyclability. The focus of this (assistant/associate professor) position will be on (chemical) recycling of high-performance and engineering polymers as well as designing novel polymeric structures more amenable to recycling, including smart monomers that can switch between polymerized and depolymerized states. The position will be embedded in a team of highly qualified researchers working on supramolecular organic and polymer chemistry, theoretical modeling and the development of new polymer materials. The candidate should have an aspiration to establish an own research profile and largely externally funded research program in collaboration with colleagues at our department and at national and international institutions. We will support the candidate with an substantial start-up package and access to local state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities.
We encourage you to apply if you have a PhD degree in the relevant field and at least two years of postdoctoral experience (industrial experience can partially compensate for this requirement) and excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences, and a relevant international network.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Female candidates are eligible for the Irene Curie fellowship.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationFor further information on this vacancy you can contact prof.dr. Zeljko Tomovic,
z.tomovic[at]tue.nl, + 31 40 2475294.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Mr. L. van Houten, HR-advisor, l.v.houten[at]tue.nl
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
If you are interested in this position, we invite you to submit a complete application which should include:
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references
- a list of five self-selected 'best publications'
- a description of your scientific interests and plans (up to 4 pages)
- a statement of your teaching goals and experience (up to 2 pages)
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way. Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
For those who know suitable candidates: please send a message to the Dean of the department: the department board will then channel the recruitment further.