Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant/Associate Professor in Data Visualization
The Visualization cluster is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated data visualization or visual analytics researcher, who wants to pursue an academic …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Visualization cluster is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated data visualization or visual analytics researcher, who wants to pursue an academic career and is fascinated by foundations and applications of visualization. Are you the researcher we are looking for?
We look for an enthusiastic researcher that has deep interest in the study of visual representations and interaction with the purpose to optimally join forces of human and machine. The researcher should enjoy the transfer of knowledge and experience to new generations of students through teaching, and guiding them doing research and solving real-world problems.
The cluster focuses on the development of new methods and techniques to explore and present large data sets. The focus is on data visualization and visual analytics. We study how to provide insight in large, heterogeneous data sets, such as combinations of multivariate data, high dimensional data, sophisticated imaging data, network data, event data, and geospatial data, all often time varying. We investigate how to incorporate methods from statistics and AI to support human analysis, understanding, and decision making. Visual analytics for AI can provide more effective and efficient model development, and more trust and confidence on AI based decisions.
We develop novel approaches that go from fundamental research to application oriented visual designs. We cooperate with specialists from a variety of application domains, including health care, machine learning, bioinformatics, forensics, and fraud detection; both from academia and industry (e.g., Philips).
The visualization cluster (https://research.tue.nl/en/organisations/visualization) at TU/e has a strong track record in data visualization and visual analytics. It has generated award winning contributions at major visualization conferences (IEEE VIS, IEEE InfoVis, IEEE VAST, EuroVis); successful start-up companies (MagnaView/ProcessGold, SynerScope, and AnalyzeData); and a number of techniques that are used on a large scale world-wide. The visualization cluster participates actively in the newly crafted Eindhoven AI System Institute (EAISI) and Data Science initiatives at TU/e.
The main tasks would be:
- Perform research in data visualization or visual analytics;
- Develop and teach courses in data visualization or visual analytics;
- Acquire research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry.;
- Supervise student projects at Bachelor, Master, PDEng, and PhD level; in Eindhoven and also as active contribution to our joint activities in 's-Hertogenbosch.
We encourage applications in the area of data visualization or visual analytics.
We are looking for candidates that add value to the Visualization Cluster and match the following profile, which will be evaluated according to the career stage of the candidate:
- have a PhD in visualization or visual analytics;
- have proven scientific achievements, detailed by internationally recognized publications, organized workshops and/or conferences, and research projects.
- have education experience in subjects related but not necessarily restricted to visualization and visual analytics
- ability and ambition to develop an internationally recognized and independent academic position.
- good communicative, collaboration, and didactic skills.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track (if applicable) of five years with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years, the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Prof. Anna Vilanova, a.vilanova[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Elly van den Eertwegh, recruiter, e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl or + 31 (0)6 39186476.
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is like to be working as an Assistant Professor at TU/e. Please view the video below.Application
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.