Assistant Professor (1,0 fte) in Supply Chain Management
We are looking for an Assistant Professor with extensive knowledge on Supply Chain Management and the capability of transferring this knowledge to practice.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The TU/e is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Technical University of Eindhoven (TU/e)'s Industrial Engineering and Innovations Sciences Department has a worldwide reputation for performing highly impactful research on Supply Chain Management. We are seeking for applicants with exceptional research potential and excellent teaching skills, who would contribute to this reputation by conducting forefront research and educating students on Supply Chain Management. To apply for this position, you should have a research background in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Management Science or a closely related field.
You will be part of the OPAC group, which traditionally has a strong presence in application domains such as logistics, maintenance optimization, manufacturing, and supply chain. You are expected to develop a multi-disciplinary research portfolio that has strong emphasis on applicability and impact. You are also expected to contribute to the teaching activities of the OPAC group.
We offer a stimulating and ambitious educational and research environment and are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- You hold a PhD in the field of operations management, operations research, econometrics research, or a comparable domain.
- You have strong Mathematical and programming skills.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- An extensive network of companies with whom you can collaborate.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years, the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationDo you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact prof. Ivo Adan, chair group Operations, Planning, Accounting and Control, e-mail: I.J.B.F.Adan@tue.nl or +31 40 247 2932.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth, HR advisor, e-mail: HRServices.IEIS@tue.nl or +31 40 247 4465.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We are committed to the cause of gender equality and, in case of equal suitability, we give preference to female candidates.