1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor Context-dependent Data Collection
Creative and collaborative design scientist with AI expertise
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingAssistant professor Context-dependent Data Collection within Systemic Change Group
'Systemic Change uses design and technology to study socio-technical systems at the level of a community, by designing interventions addressing societal challenges and analyzing their effect on the eco-system'. The Systemic Change cluster focuses on designing innovations that have impact on systemic structures and groups of people, ultimately aiming to address large-scale issues such as urban health, future mobility and sustainability. Field data is used in novel iterative and circular research-through-design processes involving strategic alliances of stakeholders.
Main focus of this position is the design and development of processes and systems that support context dependent data acquisition, handling, processing for real-time systems that are deployed in the field. The application of artificial intelligence algorithms as well as classic data analysis and visualization techniques will be targeting the three main clusters of the systemic change group: Vitality and Aging, Games and Play and Transformative Practices.
- Expertise in R&D methodology
- Relevant PhD-degree
- Interdisciplinary background or expertise in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Expertise in AI, ML, Interactive System Design, Tangible Interaction, UX Design or Multimodal Interaction
- Digital Craftsmanship (e.g. using AI and ML techniques to study and design for aesthetic qualities of human-system interaction; versatility in algorithms, ML paradigms and fluency in state of the art ML technology for the purpose of sensing and information processing)
- Ability to use AI in expressive designs, as an interplay of materiality, interaction, and computation
- Ability to create bridges between research and education
- Designer skills and a feel for aesthetic qualities
- Track record in Design and HCI related conferences such as CHI, TEI, DIS, IUI, EICS or journals
- Willing to apply research in application areas such as Health, Home, Mobility, Vitality, Games & Play, Learning and Fabrication
- Proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
- Portfolio of projects that demonstrate some of the above
It is not necessary that you feature all the mentioned qualities and competences to qualify for one of the vacant positions.
With this general description we aim to draw the attention of potential, suitable (female) candidates whom we would like to invite to come in contact with our ambitious and fast growing department so that we can investigate a possible, mutual match.
Conditionsa comprehensive job profile is available upon request.
TU/e wants to attract talented female researchers because we believe that diverse workforce generates better problem-solving strategies and more creative ideas. It accelerates innovation and enables teams to better learning and growth. Recently TU/e has launched the Irène Curie Fellowship. This program is aimed at talented women who pursue an academic career at TU/e. This Fellowship facilitates women in their scientific career and consists of:
- Development track position of 5 years or senior position
- Substantial start-up package
- Develop your own research line
- Participate in curriculum of department
- Dedicated mentoring program
- Dual career opportunity for spouses
For more information about this program: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/scientific-staff/irene-curie-fellowship/
Additional informationContact persons:
Cécile Gijsbers , +31402474055, +31651164692, firstname.lastname@example.org, consultant
Marijella van der Klugt , +31402476345, +3628346874, email@example.com, consultant
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature