1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant professor Eindhoven School of Education
Assistant professor (science education) at the Eindhoven School of Education.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
The Eindhoven School of Education (ESoE) has a vacancy for an assistant professor. ESoE is the expertise center of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) in the field of the professional development of (future) teachers, research and educational innovation in the STEM domain in secondary education as well as higher education. ESoE is active in three areas: education, research and innovation.
Position Assistant professor
Department: Eindhoven School of Education
FTE: 1.0 / 0.8
From: January 1, 2020
Reference number: V32.4132
ESoE offers a master's degree in Science Education and Communication, in which teachers are trained as first-degree teachers for the STEM domain (mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, research and design). In addition, it also offers an educational module that leads to a second-degree competence; this is mainly offered to bachelor students. ESoE conducts research and promotes educational innovation through professional development and consultancy, both at TU/e and at schools in the region, in particular with regard to science education.
- PhD in a relevant field; within the STEM domain is an advantage.
- Experience / affinity with teacher education and/or experience with innovation in higher education, with an emphasis on STEM education.
- Being able to collaborate with colleagues (teacher trainers, innovation staff, researchers and faculty members of other university departments).
The assistant professor is expected to be able to contribute to various tasks
- Education of master and bachelor students, including supervision during internships.
- Supervision of master students in their research and educational design.
- Research in relation to the professional development of teachers and / or educational innovation.
- Publish (in scientific journals) and present at conferences.
- Advising on innovation in higher engineering education.
- 1.0 or 0.8 appointment in principle for a year but depending on performance and financial situation leading to a tenure appointment under condition of a positive assessment after four years;
- gross monthly salary between € 3637 and € 4978 (in the case of a full-time appointment), depending on knowledge and experience; plus holiday allowance (8%, in May) and year-end bonus (8.3%, December);
- support for personal development and career planning;
- a wide range of secondary employment conditions, such as excellent technical infrastructure, daycare and sports facilities.
Additional information• For more information about this position please contact Prof. Jan Vermunt (j.d.h.m.vermunt[at]tue.nl or telephone +31 40-2476197).
• For more information about employment conditions please contact Arianne Boekema (HR advisor), e-mail: pzwin[at]tue.nl or by telephone: +31 40 247 55812.
The application must consist of the following components:
- a letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae (including publications)
- a (copy or a) link to the PhD thesis
- names of 2-3 referees.
You can upload one file including all the required documents (max. 10 MB).
It is possible that selected candidates are first invited for a Skype interview and later for a visit to the TU/e.
The selection procedure will start on or as soon as possible after November, 1. The successful candidate is expected to be able to start on 1 January 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
You can apply via the 'Apply now' button at the top of this page; Applications submitted by e-mail will not be processed.