Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant Professor in Applied Perception in the Digital Age
Are you fascinated by applied perception in the digital age?
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Current developments in digitization, robotization, automation and artificial intelligence are drastically changing our society and the ways in which individuals interact with each other and with technology. The research group Human Technology Interaction is actively involved in studying these developments by building its research on a disciplinary foundation in the social sciences (mainly cognitive and social psychology, and perception), yet explicitly strives to bridge and contribute to interdisciplinary research fields in multiple areas as varied as human-computer interaction, affective computing, decision-making and human-data interaction, and environmental psychology.
You have expertise in visual perception and interests/experience in multimodal, auditory or haptic perception, and you want to contribute to and influence the successful integration of technology for human wellbeing. Your research interests extend and complement the current research program in human-technology interaction. You are active and eager to work on visual/multimodal perception in relation to smart systems, including robotics and virtual environments and smart lighting.
You will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in the area of Human Technology Interaction; teach and co-develop inspiring and high-quality courses in Bachelor and Master Programmes of the school of Innovation Sciences; initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; assist in the supervision of PhD students and contribute to the management of the group and the department.
The open position is part of HTI. This group is concerned with the responsible development, introduction, and use of technology, focusing on its interface to humans, its successful deployment in organizations, and a fundamental understanding of its transformative effects on individuals and society. We highly value collegiality, collaboration and team science and look forward to welcoming you in our midst.
- A strong background in applied perception, psychophysics or cognitive psychology.
- Familiar with research methods in psychophysics and experimental psychology.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts. Willingness to acquire the university teaching qualification.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years. After a maximum of four years the tenure decision will be made with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor. If you have a more senior profile, a tailor-made career proposal will be considered.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact prof.dr.ir. Yvonne de Kort, y.a.w.d.Kort[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5754.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Kim van Puijenbroek
(HR Advisor), pz.ieis[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5102.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature