3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor in Formal System Analysis
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for tenured/tenure track assistant professor in the Formal System Analysis (FSA) group.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Formal System Analysis Group studies formal techniques to model and analyze software and hardware systems. The goal is to develop techniques that are both mathematically elegant and practically effective. Important techniques are term rewriting, fixed points, parity games, SAT and SMT solving and symbolic state space representations. The group maintains the mCRL2 toolset, which is in use at a number of major industries and public bodies, generally as a verification backend. The group has strong ties with industrial partners and actively strives to apply its methods in industrial contexts.
The tasks for assistant professors are to contribute to education, research, the organization of the department, acquiring and executing external projects, as well as collaborating with industrial partners. In the context of this vacancy, you are expected to:
- Have an outstanding research record in the area of Formal Methods and a strong desire to advance the state of the art in formal software/hardware development.
- Teach courses related to software modelling, Formal Methods, Automated Reasoning, or basic courses in a Computer Science curriculum.
- Acquire and coordinate research projects.
- Actively strengthen the industrial and research collaborations of the group.
- Contribute to the research and teaching vision of the group, the department and the University.
The group is particularly keen on strengthening its expertise in automated reasoning, SAT solving and SMT solving. We are looking for a candidate that adds value to the FSA group and matches the following profile:
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field with clear indicators of international recognition such as publications, PC memberships, invited talks etc.
- Affinity with the field of Formal Methods and a clear drive to contribute to its scientific advancement, as well as its application in the domain of software/hardware.
- Experience in executing and/or obtaining externally funded research projects from (inter)national funding agencies and/or industry.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising PhD and/or master students as main/daily supervisor.
- Proven didactic skills and teaching experience. Willingness to obtain a University Teaching Qualification.
- Excellent communication, organization, leadership and collaboration skills.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more about the FSA cluster or its members? Please visit: https://fsa.win.tue.nl/.
For information about the vacancy, please contact dr.ir. T.A.C. (Tim) Willemse, t.a.c.willemse[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact René Brands, recruiter, r.brands[at]tue.nl.
This vacancy is part of the Irène Curie Fellowship and is currently only open for female candidates. Male applicants will not be considered for the position.
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now' button on this page. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae, including your publications list highlighting five self-selected 'best publications'
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (preferably at most 1 page)
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (preferably at most 1 page)
- 2 names of referees which we are allowed to contact
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
The Irène Curie Fellowship program is dedicated to reach at least 30% female researchers among TU/e's permanent academic staff by 2024 and contributes to the societal goal of promoting equal opportunities and a society in which everyone's abilities are utilized. It has been endorsed by the Netherlands Institute for Human Rights in March 2021.