Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant Professor in Information Systems
Short descriptionYour goal is to research how information systems can lead to better operational decisions; create advanced data analytics and machine …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Your goal is to research how information systems can lead to better operational decisions; create advanced data analytics and machine learning techniques to mine for information that supports these decisions; investigate how operational processes can be improved with that information; or understand business needs and value propositions and accordingly design a required business and information system architecture. You also want to teach these skills to students? If this describes you, we invite you to apply for the position of an assistant professor in Information Systems.
As a successful applicant, you will work on methods and techniques that will contribute to the next generation Information Systems, with a particular focus on methods and techniques in the areas of business intelligence, business process intelligence, business process engineering, or business model and service systems engineering for digital services. Our group focuses on industry-driven research that leads to fundamental scientific contributions. We primarily aim to create methods, tools and techniques to solve problems in the areas of healthcare, smart industry, mobility, transportation, and logistics.
As an assistant professor, you will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in one of the areas mentioned above or a related area. You will teach and co-develop courses in the Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering; initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group and the department.
You will be embedded in the Information Systems group in the department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences. In that way you will, of course, directly collaborate with experts in areas such as business intelligence, business process intelligence, business process engineering, or business model and service systems engineering for digital services, but also with people from other disciplines in the department and the university as a whole. You will also benefit from our extensive international network of partner universities, research groups, and company contacts, with whom you will engage in joint research projects.
- PhD in a relevant field, such as computer systems, information systems or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, a tailor-made career proposal will be considered.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact dr.ir. Remco Dijkman (Group chair, hiring manager], r.m.dijkman[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth (HR advisor), s.g.j.opgenoorth[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 4465.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications, teaching evaluations (if any), and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
Please use the application form on our website via the apply-now-button. Applications by e-mail are not accepted! Note that a maximum of 5 documents of 2 MB each can be uploaded, so if you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature