Assistant Professor in Smart Industry
The Department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences has a vacancy for a Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Smart Industry. This vacancy is part of the IrÃ¨ne Curie Fellowship, and is currently only open for female candidates.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Current developments in digitization, robotization, automation and artificial intelligence are drastically changing the manufacturing industry, which is also referred as the smart industry revolution. This is also happening in the Brainport area where recently an iconic campus has been created for high tech manufacturing companies, stimulating innovation, collaboration and sustainability. OPAC is actively involved in manufacturing research and aims to significantly contribute to these developments that potentially have huge societal impact in the coming decades.
We are looking for outstanding candidates who want to contribute and influence this industrial revolution, and whose research interests extend and complement the current research program in smart manufacturing. The candidate will apply optimization techniques and artificial intelligence approaches to develop planning and scheduling mechanisms to interlink and control manufacturing operations, manpower planning, maintenance and material handling, and as such, contribute to the creation of flexible and autonomous manufacturing systems of the future. Candidates should have a successful scientific track record and be able to formulate an independent research program.
The open position is part of OPAC. This group teaches and conducts research in operations planning and control in manufacturing, supply chains, transport and logistics, and maintenance. Research is generally quantitative in nature, while many of the researchers also engage in empirical research.
- PhD in industrial engineering research, or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years, the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationAbout us
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact prof.dr.ir. Ivo J.B.F. Adan, I.Adan[at]tue.nl or +31 40 2472932.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth, HR advisor, HRServices.IEIS[at]tue.nl or +31 40 2474465.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
This vacancy is part of the Irène Curie Fellowship and is currently only open for female candidates. Male applicants will not be considered for the position.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
Please note that you can upload 1 document of 10 Mb.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature