Assistant Professor in Transport and Logistics
Assistant Professor in Transport and Logistics
Department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences
20 dagen geleden
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Are you an expert in data-driven transport, logistics or freight mobility optimization? Do you work on intelligent decision-support tools using advanced Operations Research and/or Artificial Intelligence methods? We are looking for a tenure-track assistant professor with a focus on these topics.
The focus of this position is on Transport and Logistics in the broadest sense. You formulate (managerial) decisions regarding the design, operations, and control of the Transport and Logistics processes to make them optimally efficient, sustainable, and cost-effective. You contribute to important new areas that arise from considering real-life distribution activities (think of physical internet, crowd logistics, etc.), requiring so-called rich models. As such, the role of and the ability to handle stochasticity, uncertainty, time-dependency, and dynamics gains importance. In the same line of reasoning, also integrated models, where different decisions (levels) are combined are important and become even more important when considering urban contexts.
Your research will have impact to application domains as (but not limited to) short-haul transportation (e.g. vehicle routing problems, urban logistics, crowd logistics, omnichannel supply chains) and long-haul transportation (e.g. multimodal transportation, synchro-modality, or service network design), and will interface with other disciplines (e.g. inventory, warehousing, etc.). From a methodological point of view, you work on the use of advanced OR techniques (column generation, branch-and-price(-and cut), metaheuristics or matheuristics, etc.) and/or Artificial Intelligence methods (such as reinforcement learning, machine learning, graph neural networks, etc.).
You will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in the area of Artificial Intelligence for Transport and Logistics decision-making; teach and co-develop courses in Bachelor and Master Programs of the School of Industrial Engineering; initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group and the department.
You contribute to the OPAC group, which traditionally has a strong presence in application domains such as logistics, maintenance optimization, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- A Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as Operations Research, Operations Management, artificial intelligence, Econometrics.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, a tailor-made career proposal will be considered.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact Tom van Woensel, professor, hiring manager], T.v.Woensel[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5017.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth, HR advisor, HRServices.IEIS[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 4465.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
Note that you can upload 5 documents of 2 Mb each. If tyou have more documents, you will have to combine them.
Please do not send us applications by e-mail.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature