Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant professor Innovation Sciences (tenure track) 0.8-1.0fte
Institutional Setting The Technology, Innovation & Society (TIS) group is looking for a colleague to strengthen its teaching and research. The TIS group …
ongeveer 2 maanden geleden
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Technology, Innovation & Society (TIS) group is looking for a colleague to strengthen its teaching and research. The TIS group is part of the Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS). TIS is an interdisciplinary social sciences and humanities group with close links to the engineering disciplines. TIS research concerns how humans and societies bring about technological change, and how technological innovations change society and nature. Researchers in the TIS group study these processes from a systemic, transdisciplinary, and transnational perspective, with a focus on transitions in energy and mobility. The research focus of TIS covers both short-term processes (innovations) and long-term, pervasive processes (transitions), and addresses multiple aspects of the innovation journey - invention, innovation, diffusion, appropriation, governance, and policy intervention along with local and global impacts on society and nature. The focus of this position is on the study of sustainability transitions from a long-term perspective.
The TIS staff teaches in the BSc program Sustainable Innovation, the MSc programs Innovation Sciences and Sustainable Energy Technologies, and in university-wide programs for engineers. The TIS group is characterized by a strong emphasis on teamwork and on interdisciplinary research.
Your task will be to contribute to our research, teaching programs, and management.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop your own research line on sustainability transitions from a long-term or historical perspective, that is aligned with TIS, and departmental research priorities.
- Write grant proposals with the aim of building your own research group.
- Teach and develop courses for our bachelor and master programs and contribute to
- Participate in management tasks of the department.
You are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree in Sustainability Transitions, Innovation Science, History of technology, Science and Technology Studies or a related discipline.
- Proven ability to conduct high quality academic research on relevant problems, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publications, preferably in one of the application domains of TIS.
- Strong background in qualitative and quantitative innovation sciences methods and proven affinity with engineering sciences.
- Enthusiasm for, and proven track record in, academic and professional teaching shown by good course evaluations.
- Excellent mastering of the English language and good communication skills; Dutch language proficiency is an advantage.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop
your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor.
After a maximum of four years, the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more
senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership,
the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences,
- and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure,
moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Additional informationFor more information
About the department and TIS, please have a look at our website or contact professor
Erik van der Vleuten, e.b.a..firstname.lastname@example.org) or professor Floor Alkemade, email@example.com.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact Kim Spinder-van Puijenbroek,
HR Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
Please note that a maximum of 1 document (of max. 10 MB) can be uploaded, so if you have
more than 1 document you will have to combine them. Please do not send us applications by
e-mail. The deadline for application is March 31st 2021.