1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Assistant Professor within the Process Analytics group
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for a position within the Process Analytics group. This vacancy is part of the IrÃ¨ne Curie Fellowship, and is only open for female candidates in the first six months of recruitment.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology is looking for a new assistant professor to be appointed within the Process Analytics group. The Process Analytics group specializes in process-aware data analytics.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science provides undergraduate and master programs in Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science. The department has research collaborations with other departments at TU/e as well as with a large number of other universities, companies, and medical centers, both nationally and internationally. The Department has approximately 350 employees and about 1500 students.
In the department, the Process Analytics group distinguishes itself by its fundamental, evidence-based focus on modelling, understanding, analyzing, and improving processes. Essentially, every time two or more activities are performed to reach a certain goal, fundamental principles of processes apply. Processes take place on the level of individual actors, groups of actors, entire organizations, and networks of organizations. Models of processes help in understanding these processes and by analyzing data showing what happened, when, in which context as recorded by various systems, we aim to get insights into these processes and we develop the tools and techniques to obtain these insights.
The research group is a social group which consists of five full-time researchers, one scientific programmer and several PhD students. The group is chaired by prof.dr.ir. Boudewijn van Dongen and it is well-known for its work in process mining, conformance checking, business process management, business process intelligence, workflow management systems and modelling with and analysis of Petri nets.
Together the diverse team is responsible for several courses at both Bachelor and Master level as well as for the coordination of several Master programs in Data Science. Furthermore, the group leads both educational innovations such as challenge-based learning as well as academic innovations in the process mining field.
From a research perspective, the focus of Process Analytics is on the development of methods, tools and techniques to analyze data from a broad, multi-faceted environment, in which processes are more - or less - structured and made up of many interacting artifacts, where case notions in data are fluid or are complex and where networks are multi-dimensional in nature.
As our new team member, you should look forward to actively contributing to the research and education in the group. You are expected to develop theoretically-grounded results which have clear practical implications and you are expected to raise enthusiasm for the research field under groups of students from Bachelor to PhD level. Furthermore, a significant contribution to the tooling developed and maintained within the group is required as well as a proactive role in strengthening the relations with (inter)national partners.
As a researcher, you should be interested in fundamental questions derived from practical applications. The application of your ideas should have real-world consequences. Your interest should not stop at the next paper but should go beyond that to the societal challenges of today.
As a lecturer, you should be interested in teaching at both Bachelor and Master level, both for larger groups of students in plenary sessions as well as for individual students or small groups in projects. You will serve as a role-model for PhD students in the group.
You should have a PhD in a relevant field and several years of postdoc experience, preferably in multiple institutions. Your CV should show publications in recognized outlets in process-aware data analytics, (for example process mining). A good command of the English language is required (C1 level) and you should have a heart for hands-on education shown by relevant teaching experience (preferably in English). You should be familiar with process modelling using, for instance, Petri nets or BPMN as well as with basic concepts in process analytics. As part of your duties is to supervise students in external graduation projects, you should have an interest in societal challenges in this area.
Based on your CV and background, positions are possible as junior assistant professor (UD2), senior assistant professor (UD1) with or without a tenure track to associate professor (UHD).
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 4 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
More information can be obtained from the links: http://www.tue.nl/ and https://pa.win.tue.nl/
For further information on this vacancy you can contact
prof.dr.ir. Boudewijn van Dongen, e-mail b.f.v.dongen[at]tue.nl.
For information concerning employment conditions click here or contact
Elly van den Eertwegh, Recruiter, e-mail e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl, phone: + 31 639186476.
If you are interested in this position, you can only use the 'apply now'-button on this page.
Your application must contain the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position
- A detailed CV
- A detailed list of publications and achievements
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- The contact information of three referees
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Applicants will be screened starting from December 15th 2019.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine files.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups. If no female candidate is found in the first six months of recruitment, this vacancy will be re-opened as a generic vacancy.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature