Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Wageningen UR - Wageningen
Associate / Full Professor Systems and Control Technology
Engineered systems and their control are essential to address future societal challenges regarding health, mobility, energy, food, etc. The increasing …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Engineered systems and their control are essential to address future societal challenges regarding health, mobility, energy, food, etc. The increasing complexity of these systems requires systematic design, modelling, and control to improve their performance, monitor their health, and allow interaction between systems as well as their users. We have an open position at the associate/full professor level in the broad field of control in the Control Systems Technology (CST) section with the aim to address these future challenges through strengthening and advancing the research in the area of systems and control.
The CST section is among the largest and high-impact research centers in control globally, where both fundamental and applied research are performed at the highest level. Current research lines include systems and control theory, cyber-physical and multi-agent systems, control engineering, optimization, artificial intelligence, machine learning, systems engineering, as well as mechanical design. Applications are often done in close collaboration with industry, where the CST section is uniquely positioned in a key European high-tech region (Brainport Eindhoven). Application areas include mechatronic system design and motion systems, robotics, autonomous vehicles and mobility, smart medical devices, energy systems including nuclear fusion, and agrifood.
The CST section currently consists of a diverse and committed team of 30 full-time and part-time faculty members and 50+ teachers, post-doctoral researchers, and PhD candidates. The section currently consists of 7 Principal Investigators (PIs), who are responsible for specific scientific research lines and act as mentor for tenure-track researchers, with the aim to promote both teamwork and individual growth of tenure-track researchers into PIs. This position will start immediately at the PI level, where the candidate will perform leading research in her/his discipline and build a research group, while at the same time has a unique opportunity to enrichen her/his research with close collaborations with researchers within the section, as well as outside within our unique ecosystem. Our vision is that high-quality research and teaching are strongly connected, and teaching activities are therefore strongly connected to the envisioned research lines.
- A PhD degree.
- Proven expertise in a relevant core discipline, for instance system theory, dynamical systems, control optimisation and optimisation-based control, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data-based modelling and design, systems engineering, equipment and system design.
- Experience in a relevant application domain, for instance mechatronics, robotics, mobility and transportation systems, health applications, smart industry, energy, agricultural systems, energy systems,.
- An excellent track record in scientific research, acquisition of externally funded research projects, and research vision.
- Strong academic and/or industrial network.
- Promote excellence and co-operation nationally, internationally, and societally.
- Excellent communication skills, organization, and leadership skills for being a PI with a group within the CST section.
- Extensive teaching experience and proven didactic skills.
- Excellent proficiency in English (Written and verbal).
- Proficiency in Dutch is considered an advantage, but is not required (All communication and teaching at Eindhoven University of Technology is in English).
- High-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program.
- A substantial startup package. In addition, in certain cases the Irène Curie Fellowship may be granted.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary, as well as tax-reduction schemes for international applicants.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationAbout us
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with sophisticated industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to craft solutions for the highly complex problems of tomorrow.
The CST section has the vision that a fruitful synergy between the fields of systems and control, engineering design, and artificial intelligence will be a key enabler in taking on the future societal and industrial challenges in the fields of high-tech systems, mobility, sustainability and health. The section shows that fundamental research and education go hand in hand with societal and industrial valorisation, as is demonstrated via innovative research projects directly with our industrial partners and the creation of multiple spin-off companies. Indeed, high-quality research and high-quality education are two sides of the same coin, and we educate many engineers for Dutch and international industries and universities. This vision is supported also by the success of our student teams (several times world champion robot soccer and the design of solar cars). The section has a broad funding base and a strong track record in attracting industrial funding and international collaborations, as well as personal grants.
Information and application
For general information regarding working at the TU/e, please visit www.tue.nl/jobs.
Questions regarding the scientific content can be directed to prof. Maurice Heemels (m.heemels[at]tue.nl), prof. Maarten Steinbuch (m.steinbuch[at]tue.nl), or prof. Tom Oomen (t.a.e.oomen[at]tue.nl).
For information about terms of employment, please contact Cyndi Geurts, Recruiter, (c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl).
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific research interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
This position is currently open for applications and will remain open until the position is filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature