(Associate) Prof Advanced Electromagnetics + Electromechanic Systems Engineering
Would you like to be a part of one of the leading institutes for researching specialized, unconventional, and high-performing electromechanical actuation …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Would you like to be a part of one of the leading institutes for researching specialized, unconventional, and high-performing electromechanical actuation systems for high-tech applications? Your research will keep pushing the envelope of the physical limits of these actuation systems to meet and realize the ever-increasing, various industrial and societal demands.
This unique opportunity gives you the chance to live and work in one of the most powerful technology hubs in the world: Brainport Eindhoven. Globally, we stand out when it comes to collaborating with advanced industries. Together with other institutions, we form a thriving ecosystem with one common aim – to improve quality of life through sustainable innovations.
As a newly appointed faculty member, you will be working in the Electromechanics and Power Electronics group at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important as you will develop and teach courses at both undergraduate and graduate level.
Society increasingly relies on complex manufacturing, in an automated fashion, and using robots. These processes all need high-power density electromechanical systems for fast, accurate, and reliable handling of materials and objects. We have adopted a multi-physical, multi-disciplinary research philosophy, in which we have successfully realized ambitious and radical research projects. We greatly value this philosophy which is imprinted in our DNA. We look forward to welcoming your contributions in formulating our scientific and educational roadmap for the future.
The position is open immediately, but the start date is flexible.
Electromechanics and Power Electronics Group
The Electromechanics and Power Electronics (EPE) group has the most advanced electromechanics and power electronics laboratories in the Netherlands
(680+ m2 floor space). It contains the state-of-the-art facilities for testing and validation of electromechanical and power electronic systems.
The EPE group intends to intensify its research activities related to material science, specifically tailored to electromechanical applications and/or electromagnetic components. Increased insight in the underlying physics of the electromagnetic behavior of (bulk or, laminated) materials and the modeling allows the performance envelope of electromechanical systems to be pushed beyond the current state-of-art.
The EPE group is one of the nine research groups of the Department of Electrical Engineering at TU/e. The group is the main center for research in electromechanical power conversion and power electronics in the Netherlands. The four research tracks of the EPE group are:
- advanced multi-physical modeling, including materials
- electric mobility and transport
- high-tech motion systems and robotics (including cryogenic and wireless mechatronics)
- power electronics systems
Furthermore, the EPE group is one of the founders of the High-Tech Systems Center in which all mechatronic knowledge of the TU/e is bundled.
What we are looking for
We seek to appoint academic staff in the three focus areas who are passionate about research as well as teaching. We welcome excellent candidates that can contribute to any of our current areas as well as candidates that bring new research directions to the department. We have openings at all levels, ranging from tenure track assistant professor positions, to associate and full professor positions. The working language in the department and across the university is English. There is no requirement to speak Dutch for applying for these positions.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Curious to hear more about what it is liking as a professor at TU/e? Please view the video here.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact prof.dr. E.A. Lomonova, e.lomonova[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, please contact Cyndi Geurts, Recruiter, c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl, +31 621167031
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature