Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
Asst/Assoc/Full professors in Dynamics Decision and Control only open for women
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has a vacancy for several positions for Female Candidates. This vacancy is part of the IrÃ¨ne Curie Fellowship, and is only open for female candidates!
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has a vacancy for several positions for Female Candidates. This vacancy is part of the Irène Curie Fellowship, and is only open for female candidates!
At Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we believe diversity broadens our research scope and improves the quality of our education. Our Irène Curie fellowship program is aimed to empower female researchers to thrive and be successful in top positions in science. The program addresses the aspirations and needs of women in industry, academia, and research institutes to support their ambition to become a Professor at our European top research university.
This Faculty at TU/e is an ambitious and inclusive department, which presently consists of three research units and several research centers, each of which is comprised of independent Principal Investigators (PIs). Our research is broadly centered around the themes of Dynamical System Design, Energy and Flow and Materials and Mechanics.
Control for Autonomous and Cooperative Vehicles, Autonomous Robotics, Distributed sensing, sensor fusion in combination with AI. All these themes within de group Dynamical System Design which are highly valued and embedded within TU/e, the academic world, Brainport and industry. The candidate should contribute to the progress in the field of dynamics, decision and control, and be able to make the step to further penetration of system autonomy in industry and society.
As part of a nation-wide initiative to stimulate the mechanical and control sciences, the department invites applications for several new faculty positions at all levels including (tenure-track) Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor. Candidates in all areas related to Mechanical Engineering will be considered, including, but not limited to:
- Modeling and Control of Large-scale Networked Systems (Cyber-Physical Systems of Systems)
- Data-based Dynamical Modelling and Control
- Control for Autonomous and Cooperative Vehicles
- Autonomous Robotics
- Distributed sensing, sensor fusion in combination with AI
Do you want to join our open academic community and to set up your own, independent research line and team, while still being able to profit from the benefits that come with working together in other sections in an open-atmosphere department?
You will be offered the opportunity to establish an independent, largely externally funded research program in collaboration with colleagues at our department and at national and international institutions.
We encourage you to apply if you possess a PhD degree and at least two years of postdoctoral experience.
ConditionsWe offer you:
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research group and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 4 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information:
- Information about the Faculty can be found via: https://www.tue.nl/en/university/departments/mechanical-engineering/
- Questions regarding the academic content of the position can be directed to prof. dr.ir. W.P.M.H. Heemels (email: w.p.m.h.heemels[a]tue.nl), dr.ir.T.A.E. Oomen (email: t.a.e.oomen[a]tue.nl), and prof.dr.ir. N. van de Wouw (email: n.v.d.wouw[a]tue.nl)
- For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, click here or contact Mr. Twan Janssen, Recruiter, hiringtalent[at]tue.nl, (tel. +31 40 247 6347).
If you are interested in this position, you can only use the 'apply now'-button on this page.
Your application must contain the following documents:
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
- a curriculum vitae, including an enumeration of your publications and the contact information of three references)
- a list of five self-selected 'best publications'
- a description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages)
- a statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages)
Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the positions have been filled.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups. If no female candidate is found in the first six months of recruitment, this vacancy will be re-opened as a generic vacancy.
Control for Autonomous and Cooperative Vehicles:
Intelligent control of individual vehicles, varying from driver support systems to fully autonomous driving and cooperative driving solutions. Significant synergy with state-of-the-art communication and automotive sensing developments.
Robotic world model, world modeling, autonomous robotic systems, knowledge representation, reasoning, and action planning in motion and perception, robust performance in an open world.
Distributed sensing, sensor fusion in combination with AI:
Cost-efficient sensor technologies, distributed sensor networks, autonomous monitoring, smart diagnostics, autonomous agents, dynamical systems, developing data fusion algorithms, pattern recognition methods, decision schemes.