Full Professor - Embedded Computer Architecture in the Electronic Systems Group
The demand for energy efficient computing (GOPS/Watt) will only increase with the advance of big-data and deep learning applications into mobile, embedded …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The demand for energy efficient computing (GOPS/Watt) will only increase with the advance of big-data and deep learning applications into mobile, embedded devices. Realizing the required computing performance with as little energy consumption requires novel computer architectures that reduce the main power bottleneck (i.e., data movement) while increasing the computational performance of these systems. Are you inspired to have your research achieve this goal for a broad range of applications in a systematic manner? This could be your next exciting new career opportunity.
As a newly appointed faculty member, you will be working in the Electronics Systems Group at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important as you will develop and teach courses at both undergraduate and graduate level in English. You will be involved in supervising Bachelor, Master, PDEng, and PhD candidates.
Electronic Systems Group
The Electronic Systems (ES) group consists of seven full professors, two associate professors, eight assistant professors, several postdocs, approximately 40 PDEng and PhD candidates, and support staff. The ES group is world-renowned for its design automation and embedded systems research. The group aims to provide a scientific basis for design trajectories of electronic systems, ranging from digital circuits to cyber-physical systems. ES research is organized in three sub-programs that cover the engineering, system and circuit perspectives: Model-driven engineering, smart electronic systems, and digital nano-electronics. ES has strong collaborations with industry, research institutes and other universities. Thirteen of its staff members have a second affiliation besides their TU/e-ES affiliation. The group is a multi-cultural team, with staff members of eight different nationalities and students from all over the world.
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering or, any other relevant program from a leading university.
- Experience and reputation in a well-defined or, an emerging area of embedded computer architecture
- Strong academic and industry network; research interactions on the national and international level, proven by joint collaborations, projects, and publications.
- Experience in management of professionals, aimed at developing people and creating synergy.
- Excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Experience with acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills demonstrating the potential of building your own research group.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationAbout us
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact dr.ir. Sander Stuijk, s.stuijk[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, please click here or contact
Cyndi Geurts, Recruiter, c.g.geurts[at]tue.nl, +31 621167031.
Are you inspired to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.