Full-time Associate professor / professor position in Power Electronic Systems
The Department of Electrical Engineering has a vacancy for a(n) (Associate) Professor in Power Electronic Systems. This vacancy is part of the IrÃ¨ne Curie Fellowship, and is only open for female candidates in the first six months of recruitment.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Electromechanics and Power Electronics Group of the Department of Electrical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) invites applications for an Associate Professor position in Power Electronic Systems. The position is open immediately, but the start date is flexible.
We search for top candidates in Power Electronic Systems who are interested in contributing to scientific innovations and break-throughs, especially for high precision systems and renewable energy applications.
As a newly appointed faculty member, you will be working in the Electromechanics and Power Electronics group with the opportunity to start your own lab on Power Electronic Systems in this group. Next to your research quality, your educational skills are very important as you will develop and teach Power Electronics courses at all levels (PDEng, Bachelor, Master, PhD).
TU/e research towards 2030
TU/e is a highly ranked university in both research and teaching. Basic and the application-inspired research are equally valued. TU/e is often ranked exceptionally high based on scientific co-publications with industry and the impact of its scientific research.
TU/e has identified Complex 'High Tech Systems' and 'Renewable Energy' as two of the key multi-disciplinary research opportunities in the taskforce TU/e 2030. Power Electronic Systems play an enabling role in these domains. Various research groups at Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics and other departments of TU/e have been active and visible within these areas and their applications. There is an ongoing initiative, both at the university level and the department level, to strengthen the research and education in these directions.
Electromechanics and Power Electronics group
The Electromechanics and Power Electronics (EPE) group has one of the most advanced electromechanics and power electronics laboratories in the Netherlands (680+ m2 floor space) and contains the state-of-the-art facilities for testing and validation of electromechanical and power electronic systems. There is a strong connection with national and international industrial partners, the 17 part-time assoc. professors/professors are appointed from industry at the EPE group. The research carried out at the EPE group is challenging, with subjects that include the ultra-high precision systems, bearingless, wireless and multi-degrees of freedom actuators, high-voltage and superconducting motion stages, multi-physical modelling and optimization techniques, advanced DC-DC, AC-DC,
DC-AC power electronic converters (for high-precision industrial applications, smart grids, electrical vehicles, etc.) and their control, and electrical drives with novel high-speed permanent magnet and reluctance machines. The capacity group currently consists of 2 professors, 1 associate professor,
5 assistant professors, 17 part-time fellows from industry, 4 postdoctoral researchers, ~20 PhD students, 5 PDEng students and 5 technicians. The Full Associate Professor/ Professor will join the group and collaborate intensely with the other members of the EPE group, where (s)he will participate in a mixed academic / industrial research activity.
- PhD degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Applied Physics or similar, with specialization in Power Electronics/ Power Electronic Systems.
- Excellent skills and knowledge in power electronics, applied mathematics and physics, software, digital control engineering, signal processing, switching signals, modulation techniques, programming and coding (in ORCAD, XILINX, SIMULINK, MATLAB, DSP), EMC, electromagnetics, wide gap semiconductors.
- International academic experience and reputation in a well-defined or an emerging area of Power Electronic Systems, publications in high-impact journals (e.g. IEEE, IET) and conferences, reflected through a high H-index score.
- Nationally or internationally recognized (quality and transferability) teaching qualifications and experience in supervision of the PhDs, MSc, BSc students.
- Practical experience on the design, analysis, development of low-, medium- or high power electronic converters (1 -1000kW), and their advanced control within the range of 10kHz - 1MHz in industrial environment (at least 3-5 years), involvement and guidance of the students in the research laboratories.
- Clear scientific vision on the future and your own contribution to Power Electronic Systems.
- Experience in management of professionals, aimed at developing people and creating synergy.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills demonstrating the potential of building your own research group.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Proven track record to acquire and manage externally funded national and international research projects (e.g., Horizon 2020, FP7, ENIAC EJ).
- Strong academic and industrial network and research interactions on the national and international level, proven by joint collaborations, projects and publications.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch and German language is a plus.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming associate professor. After a maximum of 4 years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial start-up package to kick-off your career.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- For more information about the position and any informal enquiries, please contact
prof.dr. E.A. Lomonova, e.lomonova[at]tue.nl or dr.ir. A. Senes, a.senes[at]tue.nl
- More information on employment conditions can be found here or contact
S. Sonnemans, Recruiter, s.sonnemans[at]tue.nl, + 31 655183097
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following
- A cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete publication list.
- A research statement.
- A teaching statement.
- Contact information of two references.
Please keep in mind that you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled. We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Under European jurisdiction it is lawful to specifically recruit underrepresented groups. If no female candidate is found in the first six months of recruitment, this vacancy will be re-opened as a generic vacancy.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature