Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Irene Curie Faculty Positions in the Department of Electrical Engineering
The Department of Electrical Engineering has Assistant, Associate and Full Professor positions for female PhD's for Electrical Engineering. These vacancies are part of the IrÃ¨ne Curie Fellowship, and are only open for female candidates in the first six months of recruitment.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
At Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), we believe diversity broadens our research scope and enhances the quality of our education. Our Irène Curie fellowship program is aimed to advance talented researchers to thrive and be successful in top positions in science. The program addresses the aspirations and needs of particularly women in industry, academia, and research institutes to support their ambition to become a Professor at our European top research university.
Are you interested to join our team?
- We are involved in high profile internationally renowned research.
- We share knowledge and support each other to be successful.
- We are equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories.
- We are located in one of the most prominent high-tech areas of the world.
- We cooperate intensively with industry.
If so, review our vacancies or contact us right-away! Contact information: see below.
Our experienced recruitment team will guide you through the application process and will also support you in making your move to Eindhoven as smooth as possible.
Eindhoven University of Technology
Eindhoven University of technology (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands (the Brainport region). Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in the Netherlands, and including suburbs it has about 420,000 inhabitants. TU/e is a highly ranked university both in research and education. Our training and research programs are highly regarded and we foster close relationships with companies, organizations and research institutes in the Brainport region and beyond. Fundamental and applied research are equally valued here. The high rank of the TU/e is due to the impact of its scientific research and also to
its scientific co-publications with industry. TU/e is a social and inspiring university with a cooperative culture. You will quickly feel at home, surrounded by people who share your scientific ambitions. The TU/e currently has nine departments, with over 11,000 students in total.
The Brainport area is attracting a large amount of highly educated people from all over the world, for which the area provides all the essentials. There is a large International School and there are plenty of job opportunities for partners. There is a large amount of cultural activity,
the city and region are green and places to enjoy nature are never far away.
Department of Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a large and growing engineering discipline. With almost 100 permanent scientific staff (assistant professors, associate professors and full professors), over 300 PhD and PDEng students, about 800 Bachelor students and 350 Master students, the Department of Electrical Engineering (EE) is one of the largest departments of the TU/e. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, offering high-quality educational programs, and maintaining strong ties with industry, we aim to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region. We currently offer a Bachelor and Master program in Electrical Engineering and participates in several multi-disciplinary masters, such as Systems and Control, Automotive Technology and Sustainable Energy Technology, all taught in English. See our website for more information about the department.
The Department of Electrical Engineering at TU/e is an ambitious and inclusive department that presently consists of nine capacity groups collaborating in several centers. Our research is broadly focused on our themes Care & Cure, Cyber-Physical Systems and Wireless Technology
Care & Cure
The Center for Care & Cure Technology Eindhoven (C3Te) expands synergistic partnerships between Electrical Engineering, medical centers and medical industry. The uniquely vibrant Eindhoven MedTech ecosystem propels the development of novel healthcare technology and is founded by e.g. a high number of joined positions in industry and medical centers. The center focuses on application of a wide range of technologies, like electric sensors, ultrasound, MRI, photonics and artificial intelligence to make significant contributions to:
- health monitoring and diagnosis across the continuum of care;
- four major clinical domains; cardiology, neurology, oncology and perinatology, in close collaboration with key clinical and industrial stakeholders. Examples of research topics are brain & pregnancy monitoring and electrical neuro-modulation.
The Center-Physical Systems Center Eindhoven (CPSe) combines the expertise in control systems, embedded systems, electrical energy systems, electromechanical systems and power electronics to stimulate multi-disciplinary research in several application domains, including:
- high-tech systems enabling local for local production (industry 4.0) through automation and data-exchange in manufacturing technologies;
- e-grids enabling the transition to renewable energy resources through smart electricity networks;
- e-mobility enabling the transition to electric powered vehicles (e.g. car, bus, truck, train, ship) minimizing energy consumption, emissions and traffic congestion.
The Center for Wireless Technology Eindhoven (CWTe) aims at creating an integrated approach to wireless systems, from the propagation of radio waves up to and including optical and wireless access networks. CWTe acts as a broker between industrial needs and funding opportunities (inter)nationally and department expertise in the wireless communication area. It. The center focuses on four research programs:
- ultra-high data-rate wireless communication (incl. antenna station back-hauling);
- ultra-low power and internet of things wireless communication;
- THz observation, communication and imaging;
- radio astronomy.
As part of a nation-wide initiative to stimulate the electrical sciences, the department invites applications for new faculty positions at all levels including (tenure-track) Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor. Candidates in all areas related to Electrical Engineering will be considered, including, but not limited to:
- Electromechanics & Power electronics
- Control systems
- Electrical energy systems
- Electro optical communication
- Electronic systems
- Integrated circuits
- Integrated Photonic
- Signal processing systems
The department's collaboration with the high-tech industry in the Brainport region means that staff and students can contribute directly to the development of technological innovations with real-world relevance.
We seek to appoint academic staff who are passionate about research as well as teaching. We welcome candidates that can contribute to any of our current areas as well as candidates that bring new research directions to the department. We have openings at all levels, ranging from tenure track assistant professor positions, to associate and full professor positions. The working language in the department and across the university is English. There is no requirement to speak Dutch for applying for these positions.
An important aspect of TU/e's vision on education is that research and education go hand in hand, both at Bachelor and Master level. Next to your research, education is an important part of your job. The TU/e helps its scientific staff to further develop their teaching skills by offering a training program that leads to an official teaching certification from Dutch Universities (University Teaching Qualification).
These are our requirements:
- A PhD degree in a relevant area, with a strong publication record in top journals and conferences.
- Higher education experience or a demonstrable interest in educating university students.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and the ability to work in a team.
ConditionsWhat we offer
We offer a position in a successful and internationally-oriented department. The department has an attractive starting package for its new faculty members. The city of Eindhoven offers a relaxed, multicultural environment, high quality of life and many options for cultural activities. The city has a mild climate, and it is well-connected by rail, air, and road links with major European cities. The city is at the heart of the Brainport region of Netherlands, a region with rapid growth, innovation and many permanent employment opportunities for expats. TU/e actively facilitates career opportunities for partners. Housing? Children: school, child-care? Candidates moving to the Netherlands from abroad may qualify for a tax incentive scheme, where 30% of your income is tax free for a (maximum) period of five years. Click here for more information.
- A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department;
- As an Irène Curie Fellow, you are entitled to a substantial benefit package.
- In order to empower you, we provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes).
- Family friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationWe invite you to submit a complete application via the link. The application should include:
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position;
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references;
- a list of five self-selected 'best publications';
- a description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages);
- a statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).