Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Gemeente Arnhem - Arnhem
medewerker research funding & support
As a Research funding and support officer, you're the expert on acquiring research funding and developing new projects. You know the rules and regulations …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
As a Research funding and support officer, you're the expert on acquiring research funding and developing new projects. You know the rules and regulations imposed by the various funding organizations, you have built up a network of relevant academic and industry contacts and you know what the researchers in the department are looking for. Your expertise enables you to match interesting opportunities with innovative ideas. Together with the researchers you explore new research ideas, and support them in clearly articulating problems, approach, solutions and impact in project proposals or business contracts. You take away the researchers worries concerning the administrative parts of projects during project development and project startup and keep an eye on the project during its execution.
What are we expecting from you as an Research funding and support officer ?
- you identify and analyze interesting funding opportunities for the department (e.g. in H2020, NWO) and communicate this to researchers efficiently;
- you build up and maintain a network with internal (TU/e) stakeholders, funding agencies and external (industrial) partners to coordinate supply and demand and to share knowledge and opportunities. You'll take part in networking and matchmaking events;
- you work together with researchers (in a consortium) to clearly articulate problem and proposed solution in readable, competitive project proposals within scope of the expectations of the funding agencies;
- next to supporting the proposal development, you also support the administrative side of project development, including budgets, the submission processes and contract negotiations (together with TU/e's legal counsel);
- you contribute to a central administration of project applications, management information and project case files;
- you contribute to smooth project execution by being the central contact person for all questions concerning projects.
- you have a Master's degree in a hard core technical bêta discipline, preferably in Mathematics or Computer Science;
- you have experience in conducting scientific research (e.g. as a PhD) and as such, you know how science works and what motivates scientists;
- experience with acquisition of research funding (e.g. NWO, FP7, H2020) is an advantage;
- experience with project management is also certainly an advantage;
- you have excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English (and preferably also in Dutch);
- you are goal-oriented, proactive, hands-on, reliable and considered a recognized sparring partner; you say what you do and do what you say;
- you are organized in the way you work;
- you are prepared to work flexibly (especially around strict deadlines), can work well under the pressure of deadlines and are prepared to occasionally travel abroad.
ConditionsWe offer an exciting position in the Project Development Office of the Department Mathematics and Computer Science. The salary depends on your experience and is in accordance with the CAO Dutch Universities. You receive a one year contract with the intention to extend this appointment into an open ended contract.
We offer a fulltime (1,0 fte) employment position with a gross month salary in the range of € 2.709, - and € 4.978, - (scale 10/11) based on your education and experience. An appointment of 0,8 fte is also possible. Besides that, we offer an annual holiday allowance of 8%, an annual end of the year bonus of 8,3%, a total of 41 days of paid holiday leave and a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes, child care and excellent sports facilities).
What we also offer:
- a small enthusiastic team in an academic working environment in the innovative Brainport region of The Netherlands;
- the opportunity to contribute to advancing the state of the art in what is possible in science and technology;
- short and direct contact with researchers;
- a lot of space for personal development and growth.
- More information about the department of Mathematics and Computer Science can be found via: https://www.tue.nl/universiteit/faculteiten/wiskunde-en-informatica/.
- For more information about this vacancy or procedure please contact Cecile Gijsbers, consultant of EuFlex Engineering careers, tel. +31402474055, +31651164692, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Application: If you are interested in working in an exciting, dynamic, high-tech environment, where you contribute to the creation of the society of the future, then please apply as soon as possible. The selection of the applicants will take place immediately after receipt..
An extended version of the job profile is available upon request.