1 dag geleden - Hogeschool Windesheim - Zwolle
Are you the inspiring, experienced, and somewhat headstrong lecturer in Circular Economy and Social Entrepreneurship? Would you like to educate students to bec…
Fulltime, two year trainee position at the PDEng program ÂSmart Energy Buildings & CitiesÂ of the Eindhoven University of Technology. We are looking for candidates with a strong interest in energy in the built environment ...
Smart Energy Buildings & Cities PDEng program
The Smart Energy Buildings & Cities (SEB&C) PDEng program wants to contribute to the transition to an energy-positive built environment in which indoor environmental quality is optimized for health, comfort and/or productivity. To achieve these goals a transdisciplinary approach is required which:
• addresses technological solutions for energy generation, storage, distribution and demand reduction, and
• integrates and optimizes these in design, construction and operation of new and existing buildings.
This requires technical designers who are able to work in a multidisciplinary environment and know how to communicate with different disciplines and stake holders. This PDEng program educates trainees to become those technical designers! Please note that this program is about technological design, i.e., the process of solving problems by means of a technological design, this in contrast to (PhD) research, which is the process of understanding problems.
After the two year program our trainees become technical designers with a broad technological understanding of energy related disciplines in the built environment (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, building physics and services and ICT), who excel in their own discipline and who are able to work in multidisciplinary design teams, contribute to design issues outside their own core disciplines, integrate different technologies into new products and concepts, and who understand the commercial aspects of these innovative products and concepts.
The Department of the Built Environment of the Eindhoven University of Technology offers you a trainee position to follow a two-year post-master technological designer program, which leads to the degree of 'Professional Doctorate in Engineering' (PDEng). The SEB&C program consists of two main parts:
1. Workshops. You will follow technical workshops in which you acquire knowledge concerning important concepts of disciplines other than your own (master) specialism. You will follow these workshops with other SEB&C trainees (all with different master specialisms). The workshops increase your ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with these other disciplines in multidisciplinary design teams. Furthermore, you will follow workshops on design methods, entrepreneurship and professional skills.
2. Design projects. You will work on a design project with a group of SEB&C trainees and you will work an individual in-company assignment (see description below). The latter is a design project in collaboration with a company and the university. You work within the company structure (facilities, office desk, computer and other required equipment are provided by the company). It is your main responsibility to manage and execute the project. You are supported by an advisor from the company and an advisor from the university. A business plan for implementation or marketing of the project or product is part of the final deliverables.
A significant part of the first year of the program is dedicated to the workshops, while the second year is mostly dedicated to the in-company assignment. Nonetheless you will start working on the in-company assignment from the start of the program. The in-company assignment related to this traineeship is described below.
The company assignment is related to the application of a local climatization system for large indoor spaces. This system aims at improving local thermal comfort without increasing energy use for heating and cooling. The objective of the PDEng assignment is to assess and optimize the performance of this local climatization system using experimental and numerical (computational fluid dynamics) methods, with an emphasis on computational fluid dynamics simulations using the Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes approach.
The PDEng trainee will be embedded in the Building Physics group - www.tue.nl/buildingphysics. For questions about the project contact dr.ir. T. (Twan) van Hooff
Who can apply?
We are looking for
• an excellent and highly motivated candidate with an MSc degree in Architectural Engineering, Building Science, Building, Civil, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering, or equivalent. Interest in physical processes (heat, air and moisture transfer) in the built environment, sustainable energy technologies and computational building performance simulation is essential. Experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is a specific requirement for this vacancy.
• an interest in developing new sustainable technologies and applications for the built environment.
• an academic attitude in order to develop new technologies and perform applied research with an integral view on what is needed for the future built environment.• an excellent command of the English language, both in speaking and writing.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature