Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - GGz Centraal - Amersfoort
PDEng trainee positions (TOIO) Software Technology
For the 2019-edition of its prestigious doctorate level program on Software Technology, that will start Monday October 28, 2019 the TU/e is looking for ambitious M.Sc. graduates.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Software is the enabling factor for many of the products and services we use today. Without software the current generation of complex, high-tech systems such as wafer steppers, medical scanners, and cars would not be possible. The need for continuous innovation of these industrial systems will only increase the contribution of software as well as its complexity. This trend requires new generations of engineers who are educated to handle such complexity and lead the technological innovation. Eindhoven University of Technology* (TU/e) in the Netherlands plays an important role in the Dutch and European high-tech industry. For the 2019-edition of its prestigious doctorate level program on Software Technology, that will start Monday October 28, 2019 the TU/e is looking for ambitious M.Sc. graduates.
Eindhoven University of Technology is one of Europe's best universities. It is specialized in technical scientific research and provides highly regarded training, educational and research programs. The university offers jobs that are right in the middle of society, an international, yet informal organization, and a place, where one can expect excellent working conditions. http://www.tue.nl/
The post-master program on Software Technology is an educational program that focuses on the software design and system architecture for the software-intensive systems that are typical for the various application domains of the high-tech, multinational industry around Eindhoven. It trains M.Sc. graduates from Computer Science or a related discipline to become the professional software designers and architects whom the industry needs to conceive its new, innovative products and who can participate in or provide technological leadership for the multidisciplinary teams that realize these.
The Software technology program spans two years of which the first 14 months are devoted to deepening, broadening and reinforcing Software Technology knowledge and skills, as well as personal and professional skills. This part of the program has a unique structure. It consists of 4 blocks in which about half the time is spent on lectures, workshops and training, and the other half on solving a real-life problem from one of our industry partners. Most of the lecturers have an extensive experience in industry. They cover the theory on topics such as architecture, design, and problem solving and they return as coach during the projects to help translate theoretical ideas into practical solutions. Each project is selected from a different domain and addresses different technological areas to provide both multidisciplinary exposure and enhanced cross-domain thinking. The lectures in part are general, in part tailored to the problem domain of the project coming up. In this set-up the trainee gets the opportunity to experience the different roles that make up a good team.
The last ten months a technological design project is carried out at one of the companies in the area. This is a challenging project with a realistic goal but clear limitations in terms of time and resources available. It allows the trainees to demonstrate their designer competencies and realize an industry quality solution. Starting from a solid analysis a solution has to be synthesized that takes the technical and economic preconditions at the company into account. The trainees will be coached by experienced design engineers and architects from industry and by TU/e staff with clear and relevant design experience. You will acquire independence, learn to make well-founded choices and work in a project-based manner.
The Software Technology program is accredited by the Dutch Ministry of Education. Program graduates are awarded a certified diploma and the degree "Professional Doctorate in Engineering" (PDEng). Their name will be entered in the PDEng register of the Royal Dutch Institute for Engineers (KIVI). The program is affiliated to the British Association of Engineering Doctorates (AEngD).
The post-master program Software Technology is a Bologna third cycle (or EQF level 8) program and open to recent university graduates, in particular to Master graduates from the disciplines of Computer Science or closely related disciplines. The program is internationally oriented and taught in English. A Dutch course is part of the program. The candidate should furthermore have:
- affinity with technology, keen interest in and good awareness of the current technological developments;
- an academic, critical attitude and a good awareness of the state of the art in engineering design for high-tech systems, most notably in the area of their Master thesis project;
- the ability to choose and apply methods, tools and techniques to solve actual, practical problems;
- the ability to stay abreast of current developments in the field of Software Technology;
- better than average social and communicative competencies, including an excellent English proficiency in writing, speaking, reading, and understanding.
ConditionsThe TU/e offers program participants a full-time temporary appointment for the period of 2 years. Program participants will receive a monthly salary by Eindhoven University of Technology (gross monthly pay of €1913,-- during two years). TU/e also offers a broad package of fringe benefits, including an 8% holiday allowance, an 8.3% end-of-year allowance, relocation allowance (if applicable) and excellent sports facilities. The formal employment position at the Technical University of Eindhoven is according to the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch academic universities (VSNU). Trainees do not have to pay tuition fees. The program is financed by the Dutch Government and the industrial partners.
All candidates who are interested in the Software Technology post-master program and fulfill the requirements must demonstrate their knowledge and capabilities in a personal interview with the selection committee. In order to be admitted into the selection procedure, you need to apply via the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button.
Please submit the following documents:
- A detailed motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant B.Sc. diplomas and Grade transcripts
- Copies of relevant M.Sc. diplomas and Grade transcripts
- A copy (of a recent draft version) of your M.Sc. thesis or an abstract of your thesis
- Copies of scores of English proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. For IELTS the minimum score is 6.5, with no individual scores below 6.0. For TOEFL IBT the minimum is 90, with no individual scores below 21. In principle only applicants from the US, UK, Ireland, Australia and New-Zealand are exempted or persons who did their Master's study in one of these countries.
- The names and contact addresses (including e-mail) of (at least) three people whom we can contact for more information about you and your (thesis) work. Please note that we usually prefer to contact people that have been involved in your (M.Sc.) thesis project.
- To guarantee the quality of the program, the selection committee applies strict selection criteria. Candidates must be among the top of their discipline. Next to excellent grades, their motivation and personal skills will be extremely important.
Due to immigration and housing procedures the application procedure is closed as of August 15, 2019 for international candidates from outside the EU. Candidates with EU nationality can apply until September 30, 2019. Candidates with the Dutch nationality can apply until October 15, 2019.
Please apply by using the 'Apply for this job' button on top of this page. Early application is strongly recommended as the number of positions is limited to 20 and positions may be filled before the deadline. Please keep in mind: you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. Additional (or all at once, if needed as a ZIP file) documents can be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention in the subject of the email "additional documents application ST".
For more information and complete details about the program and the application procedure, please visit our website: http://www.tue.nl/softwaretechnology or send an email to ooti[at]tue.nl.