PhD and Postdocs in Security and Privacy
The Security group of the Department of Computer Science at TU Eindhoven, the Netherlands is looking for PhD students and PostDocs.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The Security group at TU Eindhoven. TU Eindhoven (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands. The Security group is part of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS), which is one of the largest departments of the TU/e with over 100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, and about 1100 bachelor students and 600 master students. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, offering high-quality educational programs, and maintaining strong ties with industry, the Security group aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region. Its research focus spans from security deployment and management, to physical security and attack engineering.
We are looking for PhD candidates and Postdocs
A successful PhD candidate / Postdoc is expected to:
- carry out research in the field of security and privacy, in cooperation with the other parties involved;
- develop and maintain tools for the validation of the research results, in cooperation with the other parties involved;
- contribute to the writing of scientific papers;
- present results at (international) conferences;
- finish a PhD thesis within four years (PhD candidates);
- a small contribution to the teaching activities of the Security group may be asked.
We are looking for excellent candidates that add value to the Security group and match the following profile:
- a Msc degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other fields closely related to computer security (a PhD is required for a PostDoc position);
- a research oriented attitude;
- interest in computer security;
- good communicative skills in English, both written and oral;
- ability to work in a team, cooperate with the industrial partners.
- full-time employment as a PhD-candidate for a period of 4 years (duration of Postdoc position depends on the available projects);
- for a PhD a gross salary of € 2.321 per month in the first year increasing up to € 2.972 in the fourth year; for a postdoc salary starts at € 3.255;
- annually 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance;
- support with your personal development and career planning including courses, summer schools, conference visits etc.;
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, child care, moving expenses, savings schemes, coverage of costs of publishing the dissertation and excellent sports facilities).
Your application package should contain:
- a motivation letter
- a Curriculum Vitae
- copies of your diplomas together with the list of grades, and other relevant certificates
- names and addresses of two referees
- proof of English language skills (if applicable)
You can upload max. 5 files including all the required documents (max. 10 MB)
For further information on this vacancy you can contact:
dr. L. Allodi, e-mail l.allodi[at]tue.nl, dr J. den Hartog, email j.d.hartog[at]tue.nl, or dr. N. Zannone, e-mail n.zannone[at]tue.nl.
For information about employment conditions please contact drs. Marjolein von Reth, HR advisor TU/e, e-mail: pzwin[at]tue.nl
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature