Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - VU - Amsterdam
The Department of Sociology of the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is looking for a professor in the area of charity lotteries. …
The Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Chemistry at the TU Eindhoven is looking for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) to develop his PhD thesis project on the development of a novel bio-orthogonal catalysts based on single chain polymeric nanoparticles (SCPNs).
The contract will be within the framework of the Marie Sk³odowska-Curie European Training Network THERACAT, whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers in innovative topic of bio-orthogonal catalysis for cancer therapy. THERACAT is an international and multidisciplinary consortium comprising 6 academic partners from top European institutions, 3 industrial partners active in the pharmaceutical market, and a partner focussing on science communication.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- The functionalization of SCPNs with peptides that show high specific binding to the specific receptors overexpressed in cancer cells
- The development of targeted delivery strategies to cancer cells for the catalytically active SCPNs
- The use of imaging techniques (confocal fluorescence microscopy, STORM) to track delivery of SCPNs
- Quantification of extracellular and intracellular catalytic activity of the catalytically active SCPNs
Requirements for Candidates:
- Master degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Molecular Sciences, or related discipline.
- Solid background in organic synthesis and/or polymer chemistry and a keen interest in microscopy and cell studies.
- Good communication skills, fluency in English (written and oral), and a strong motivation to do original, fundamental research in an interdisciplinary team.
- Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge
Marie-Curie Fellowship Mobility Requirement:
At the time of recruitment by the TU/e, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in The Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature