Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
PhD in Managing the Adoption of Smart Healthcare Technologies
Short DescriptionAre you fascinated by innovation management in healthcare? Are you interested in adoption of smart technologies and how to facilitate the …
2 maanden geleden
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Are you fascinated by innovation management in healthcare? Are you interested in adoption of smart technologies and how to facilitate the adoption of such technologies? Do you like the idea of working with management theories and combining them with quantitative and qualitative research methods to address management challenges? We are looking for an ambitious PhD student with a focus on abovementioned topics.
The development in the information and communication technologies (ICT) such as internet-of-things (IOT), artificial intelligence technologies and big data applications have advanced healthcare systems. The use of these technologies can help hospitals, traditionally at the center of healthcare systems, and other stakeholders (e.g., payers, patients) to deliver healthcare services with greater effectiveness (fewer errors, greater precision and better patient outcomes) and efficiency (e.g., cost and process optimization). Against this backdrop, the hospitals need to continuously embed innovative ICT technologies in their design and operations.
Although the smart healthcare systems provide benefits for patients, their introduction can often be hindered by lack of acceptance from other stakeholders in healthcare ecosystem (e.g., healthcare professionals such as doctors and nurses, clinical staff and hospital administrative staff, but also insurers, and patient associations) . ICT technologies may require behavioral change and can even generate resistance from various hospital staff as these technologies might be viewed by them as a replacement of themselves. However, considering that the innovative ICT technologies can help hospitals to deliver smarter healthcare, it is important to examine how to facilitate the acceptance of such technologies and mitigate the resistance towards their adoption (by the relevant network of actors/stakeholders). The exact focus of the PhD research is determined by the PhD student in consultation with the supervisory team. You, as a successful applicant, will perform the research project outlined above within the Innovation, Technology, Marketing & Entrepreneurship (ITEM) group of the department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS).
The PhD candidate will benefit from the strong healthcare organizations network of the supervisory team. Further, the PhD student can also attempt to collaborate with Center For Care & Cure Technology Eindhoven (C3TE) that is involved in creating novel healthcare technologies at TU/e. In addition, the PhD student can also make an effort to set collaboration efforts with the other partners of newly launched alliance between Utrecht University (UU), the Utrecht Medical Centre (UMCU), Wageningen University and Research (WUR), and Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
You will present your research findings at international conferences and workshops, and publish them in high-quality scientific journals. The research will be concluded with a PhD thesis. Besides research you will also contribute to education within the ITEM group. E.g., supervising BSc and MSc students in their research projects and other assistance in education such as in bachelor courses.
- A master's degree (or an equivalent university degree) in Industrial Engineering, Innovation Management, Healthcare Management, Business Administration or any other related, relevant field.
- Affinity for topics such as open innovation, commercialization of new technology, adoption, business modelling, stakeholder analysis, and institutional (change) processes.
- Strong affinity to use both qualitative e.g., (case studies, design science methodology) and quantitative methods (e.g., survey, experiments).
- Potential and ambition to become a high-level management scholar
- Independent thinking and self-responsibility
- You are able to work on a challenging topic that has both basic and applied research aspects
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent as is your proficiency in English and your ability to collaborate in local as well as in an international setting.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation after one year.
- To support you during your PhD and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will have free access to a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program).
- Gross monthly salary is € 2395,- in the first year up to € 3061,- (gross) in the fourth year on a full-time basis. The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
- Benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, coverage of costs of publishing the dissertation and excellent sports facilities).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact dr. ir. Vikrant Sihag, Assistant Professor, v.sihag[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 6099
For information about terms of employment, please contact Susan Opgenoorth, HR advisor, hrservices.ieis[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8827
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter (2-page max) in which you describe your motivation and an explanation of why you would fit well with the project.
- Detailed curriculum vitae and, if available, previous research experience, teaching experience, or other relevant experience.
- List of courses you have taken in Master and Bachelor programs (including grades)
- List of your publications (if available)
- Name and contact information of at least two references.
- Results of a recent English language test, or other evidence of your English language capabilities (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
Please use the application form on our website via the apply-now-button. Applications by e-mail are not accepted! Note that a maximum of 5 documents of 2 MB each can be uploaded, so if you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. The screening will continue until the position has been filled.