Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
PhD in Signal Transduction at the Cell-Biomaterial lnterface
Eindhoven University of Technology is recruiting an ambitious PhD candidate who will study the transcriptomic landscape at the cell-biomaterials interface and …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
Eindhoven University of Technology is recruiting an ambitious PhD candidate who will study the transcriptomic landscape at the cell-biomaterials interface and experimentally investigate them in materials used in the field of regenerative medicine. The successful candidate is equally excited about computational analysis and lab work; she/he is passionate about molecular biology and has a desire to unravel biomolecular mechanisms. The research performed by the candidate is an essential link between biomaterial engineering and clinical application of biomaterials in regenerative medicine, which is the focus of the cluster Regenerative Engineering and Biomaterials.
Eindhoven University of Technology
TU/e is a University of Technology with a focus on Health, Energy, and Mobility. Within the Health area, several departments cooperate on topics such as Chemical Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Computational Biology, and Biosensing, with close links to healthcare and industry. TU/e is an open and inclusive university with short communication lines. The people are curious, collaborative, and strive for excellence. TU/e enables its academic staff to develop research and education at an internationally renowned level. Our lively campus community facilitates connections between staff and students, in an open, friendly, vibrant atmosphere that welcomes and inspires.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research-driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling. The department has more than 800 students and up to 200 tenured and nontenured employees.
Starting from an existing transcriptomic database, i.e. the Compendium for Biomaterial Transcriptomics a.k.a CBiT, the candidate will identify cell signaling events that are unique to cell-biomaterial interaction and will help us understand biomaterial-related issues such as fibrosis and infection, but also to provide guiding principles to engineer bio-active materials. The PhD candidate is expected to do scientific research in the field described above, write a doctoral thesis, and publish research results in scientific journals. An educational and professional development program is offered to all PhD candidates. You will also be involved in teaching courses offered by the group, as well as contribute to the supervision of bachelor and master students.
We are accepting applications from enthusiastic and highly talented candidates who are interested in a dynamic, stimulating, and ambitious environment to perform their research.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following requirements:
- A background in Cell Biology (or similar) and interested in computational tools for hypothesis generation or in Bioinformatics (or similar) and interested to learn and master wet lab cell biology approaches to validate generated hypothesis.
- Effective communication of ideas, foster collaborations, and have a capability for independent thinking.
- Work independently within a dynamic team and be proficient in written and spoken English.
The research will be conducted within the Biolnterface Science (BIS) group in the Department of Biomedical Engineering under the supervision of prof.dr. Jan de Boer (www.jandeboerlab.com). Research at BiS is dedicated to understanding and applying basic cell biological principles at the biointerfaces, especially for regenerative medicine. The research program is characterized by a holistic approach to both discovery and application, aiming at combining high throughput technologies, computational modeling, and experimental biology to streamline the wealth of biological knowledge to real clinical applications.
ConditionsWhat we offer:
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation after one year.
- To support you during your PhD and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will have free access to a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program).
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more the academic content of the position? Please contact prof.dr. Jan de Boer, j.d.boer[at]tue.nl.
See here for more information about the Biomedical Engineering department at TU/e and for more information about the Biolnterface Science group here.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact HRServices.gemini[at]tue.nl
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- One page personal motivation letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of
two recent references.
- Brief description of your MSc thesis.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Only complete applications will be considered. Screening of applicants will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Please keep in mind: you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each