Ongeveer 8 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD position on anion-exchange membrane water electrolysis
A vacancy is available for a PhD student in the field of anion-exchange membrane water electrolysis within the group Sustainable Process Engineering at the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), The Netherlands
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The group sustainable process engineering (SPE) within the faculty of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering develops small scale, intensified and integrated systems for the distributed production of chemicals, with low impact and zero waste. We make use of alternative energy sources like light, electricity and bio-based sources, and we combine these in new reactors capable of continuous, high efficiency production of chemicals. More information can be found at: https://www.tue.nl/en/research/research-groups/sustainable-process-engineering/
RELEASE project and AEM PhD position
The PhD position on anion-exchange membrane water electrolysis is part of the larger RELEASE project, which is a consortium of knowledge institutes and industrial partners. This project aims at improving the performance and reducing the cost of large-scale energy storage that is vital for the transition to sustainable energy. RELEASE will work on new technological possibilities for the short (2030) and long term (2050). The project will focus on hydrogen and hydrocarbon production from CO2 and flow batteries. Related to hydrogen the focus will be on anion-exchange membrane (AEM) water electrolysis, a technology that combines the advantages of the more developed alkaline and PEM technologies, opening the way towards more cost-effective green hydrogen production.
The PhD position on AEM electrolysis will focus on the development of membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs), integration of these MEAs in electrochemical cells and testing of these cells at different operating conditions. The activities will be carried out in collaboration with the other partners in the RELEASE project.
- We are looking for a talented, motivated and enthusiastic PhD student with a background in chemical engineering.
- We are searching for an excellent candidate with proven capacities who recently finished his/her master (MSc) or will obtain their MSc soon.
- Knowledge, experience and a strong affinity with electrochemistry, membrane science and chemical reactor engineering are highly appreciated.
- Analytical skills, initiative and creativity is also appreciated.
- Moreover, excellent communication skills in English are vital and you are prepared to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- A meaningful job in a highly motivated team at a dynamic and ambitious University. You will be part of a highly profiled multidisciplinary collaboration where expertise of a variety of disciplines comes together. The TU/e is located in one of the smartest regions of the world en part of the European technology hotspot 'Brainport Eindhoven'; well-known because of many high-tech industries and start-ups. A place to be for talented scientists!
- A full-time employment for four years, with an intermediate evaluation after one year.
- To support you during your PhD, as an excellent addition to your scientific education and to prepare you for the rest of your career, you will have free access to a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program).
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? For more
detailed information about this vacancy please contact dr. M.T. de Groot (Thijs), m.t.d.groot[at]tue.nl
For information concerning employment conditions, click here or contact
ms. P.J. van de Weijer (Sandra), HR-advisor, p.j.v.d.weijer[at]tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Brief description of your MSc thesis.
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled. An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
For this vacancy we will recruit simultaneously both internal as external. In the case of equal suitability internal candidates take priority over external candidates.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way. You can upload a maximum of 5 documents of up to 2MB each.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature