Ongeveer 12 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD position on computer simulations of active and glass forming matter
We invite applications for a PhD position (available immediately) at Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, in the field of theoretical/computational soft matter physics.
The successful candidate will work on computer simulations of active and glass-forming matter.
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
The PhD project will focus on aging behavior in active glasses. This is a new topic that uniquely combines multiple aspects of non-equilibrium physics, and which will be studied using (coarse-grained) computer simulation models.
The PhD project will be carried out in the Non-Equilibrium Soft Matter group, which is part of the Theory of Polymers and Soft Matter division at the Department of Applied Physics, under the supervision of Dr. Liesbeth Janssen.
We are looking for a talented and motivated candidate with a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Biophysics, or a related subject. Experience with statistical physics, computer simulation methods, and programming is an advantage. Affinity with numerical simulations, as well as good knowledge of spoken and written English, are essential.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenConditions of employment
We offer a fixed-term, 4-year PhD position at Eindhoven University of Technology, a dynamic and ambitious university in the heart of the Dutch high-tech industry.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities, including:
- A gross monthly salary between € 2325,-- (first year) and € 2972,-- (last year);
- Additionally, 8% holiday and 8.3% end-of-year annual supplements;
- A minimum of 41 holidays per year (excluding bank holidays, based on a full-time employment of 40 hrs/week);
- Additional benefits, including excellent technical infrastructure, child care, holiday savings schemes, and sports facilities;
- Assistance for finding accommodation;
- Personal development program to develop your social and communication skills (see www.tue.nl/PROOF3TU).
More information on employment conditions can be found here: www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/
For more information about the project, please contact dr. Liesbeth Janssen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page.
If you are interested in this position please send:
- a cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position;
- a full Curriculum Vitae;
- academic transcripts;
- contact details of at least two references;
- copies of diplomas with course grades;
Selection will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.