Ongeveer 6 uur geleden - Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) - Amsterdam
PhD Position on probabilistic programming for machine learning
This research position is embedded in a research program on developing probabilistic (Bayesian) machine learning methods for development and deployment of in- …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
This research position is embedded in a research program on developing probabilistic (Bayesian) machine learning methods for development and deployment of in-situ operating intelligent autonomous agents. Typical applications for these agents include in-situ learning of personalized hearing aid or gesture recognition algorithms or in-situ learning by adaptive robots. In order to support this research program, we develop and maintain a "probabilistic programming" toolbox (in programming language Julia, julialang.org) to support efficient implementation of Bayesian intelligent agents, see forneylab.org. A crucial goal of the toolbox is to automate probabilistic reasoning by Bayesian agents through message passing algorithms on graphs. This PhD project is aimed at further development of the toolbox, both in theoretical and practical directions. Key areas of interest include Bayesian machine learning, functional and reactive programming, probabilistic programming and automatic differentiation. The position is very suited for a researcher with a strong background as a programmer/developer and with an interest in applying these skills to modern developments in Bayesian machine learning and probabilistic programming.
Please browse our web page biaslab.org for more information on our research goals.
- You should have a Master's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or similar with excellent grades.
- You will develop open source code for simulating machine learning experiments, so we put a high value on candidates with a strong record and interest in (scientific) programming. Please supply some evidence for your record, e.g., a link to your github page.
- It will be essential to have a good written and spoken command of English. If you have written a MSc thesis (or published a scientific paper) in English, please send it along with your application.
- Finally, we appreciate a team player attitude, willingness to work hard and know how to have fun at it.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenConditions of employment
A challenging job for 4 years in a dynamic and ambitious university and a stimulating research environment;
Support with your professional and personal development;
- A gross salary per month of € 2266,- (first year) as a PhD up to € 2897,- (final year) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% end of the year allowance.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. support in moving expenses, excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus child care, and excellent sports facilities.
For more information about the advertised position, please contact:
Prof.dr.ir. Bert de Vries, email@example.com , team web biaslab.org
More information on employment conditions can be found here: www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/.
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following:
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each!