Promovendus bij de Faculteit Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, School CAPHRI, Vakgroep Gezondheidsbevordering
Ongeveer 2 uur geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
The Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Chemistry at the TU Eindhoven is looking for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) to develop his PhD thesis project on the development of a novel bio-orthogonal catalysts based on single chain polymeric nanoparticles.
The contract will be within the framework of the Marie Sk³odowska-Curie European Training Network THERACAT, whose objective is to train a new generation of early stage researchers in innovative topic of bio-orthogonal catalysis for cancer therapy. THERACAT is an international and multidisciplinary consortium comprising 6 academic partners from top European institutions, 3 industrial partners active in the pharmaceutical market, and a partner focussing on science communication.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- The synthesis of a family of catalytically active amphiphilic polymers that, driven by supramolecular interactions, fold around a transition-metal based centre into compact conformations: single chain polymeric nanoparticles (SCPNs).
- The evaluation of protecting groups that cleave fast in the presence of selected transition metals.
- In vitro screening of appropriate ligands that are stable in biological conditions, show sufficiently strong binding to the metal to prevent leaching, and show high activity in the deprotection reaction.
- In vivo screening of the best performing catalysts.
Requirements for Candidates:
- Master degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Molecular Sciences, or related discipline.
- Solid background in organic synthesis and/or polymer chemistry and a keen interest in catalysis and cell studies.
- Good communication skills, fluency in English (written and oral), and a strong motivation to do original, fundamental research in an interdisciplinary team.
- Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
Marie-Curie Fellowship Mobility Requirement:
At the time of recruitment by the TU/e, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in The Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.