Post-Doctoral Researcher Mammalian Synthetic Biology
Biomedical Engineering The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and …
3 maanden geleden
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
FunctieomschrijvingBiomedical Engineering The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling. The department has more than 800 students and up to 200 tenured and non-tenured employees.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is ranked as one of the most innovative universities located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands, the Brainport region. The unique positioning in one of Europe's leading tech regions also means excellent job opportunities for spouses. TU/e actively facilitates career opportunities for partners of successful candidates. Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in the Netherlands, and including suburbs, it has about 420,000 inhabitants. Our training and research programs are highly regarded, and we foster close relationships with companies, organizations, and research institutes in the Brainport region and beyond. Fundamental and applied research are equally valued here. The high rank of the TU/e is due to the impact of its scientific research and also to its scientific co-publications with industry. TU/e is a social and inspiring university with a vibrant culture. Surrounded by people who share your scientific ambitions, we translate our basic research into meaningful solutions. The TU/e currently has nine departments, with over 11,000 students in total.
Alliance Center for Living Technologies The Alliance Center for Living Technologies is a newly founded virtual center aimed at fostering collaboration between Utrecht University (UU), University Medical Center Utrecht (UMCU), Wageningen University and Research (WUR), and the Technical University Eindhoven (TU/E) in the area of synthetic biology. As a post-doc within this center you will actively collaborate with these partners in the area of synthetic biology, cellular engineering and chemical biology.
We are looking for a candidate interested in applying synthetic biological techniques to mammalian cells with the goal of developing orthogonal cell-cell communication technologies that can be applied in diagnostics or cell therapy. The approach is positioned at the interface of cell biology, chemical biology and synthetic biology. We are looking for an experimental scientist with an affinity for cellular engineering of mammalian cells.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- A PhD degree in Synthetic Biology, Cell Biology or Molecular Biology
- A good background in engineering gene circuits, cloning and culturing of mammalian cells.
- A good background in analysis of experimental data using Matlab or Python.
- Excellent communication skills and written/verbal knowledge of the English language;
- Several publications in peer-reviewed journals
- A team player that enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for 1 year with the possibility of an extension. (start date as soon as possible)
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Additional informationMore information
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof.dr.ir. Tom de Greef, t.f.a.d.greef[at]tue.nl.
More information can be obtained from http://www.tue.nl and https://www.tue.nl/en/our-university/departments/biomedical-engineering/
For information concerning employment conditions click here or contact HR Services Gemini, hrservices.gemini[at]tue.nl. Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications, the contact information of
three references and a list of international conference and journal contributions (if any).
- List of three self-selected 'best publications'
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it.
Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Please keep in mind you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
If necessary please combine files.