Postdoc: Electronic Photonic Integration
This PostDoc position is within the Photonic Integration group of the Electrical Engineering Department and is part of a research line focusing on electronic …
- de Rondom, Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
This PostDoc position is within the Photonic Integration group of the Electrical Engineering Department and is part of a research line focusing on electronic photonic integration.
Photonic integrated circuits (PIC) have become increasingly more complex in recent years, driven by the demands of high-capacity information transport systems, which necessitate high-performance, parallel transceiver integration on a small footprint with low power consumption. In addition, new application areas such as RF beam steering, LIDAR and photonic signal processing emerge which continue to push the limits of PIC complexity and integration density. Embedding of PICs with driver and control electronics becomes a challenge as conventional methods limit connection density and yield undesired parasitics, posing a bottleneck for density, performance and energy efficiency. New technology approaches employing scalable 2D and 3D electronic photonic integration are needed and will be explored in the proposed work.
Prior activities in the two research projects Photronics and WIPE have established co-design methods for electronics and photonics as a potential route to high-density low parasitic 'photronic' systems. Furthermore, novel circuit design schemes that exploit this intimate connection between electronics and photonics have been explored. The candidate shall leverage the work done within these projects, to explore:
- The relative advantages and disadvantages of electronic photonic integration schemes including
- Wafer scale bonding
- Flip chip assembly
- Hybrid co-designed building blocks
- Devising methods for studying and testing 100GHz class electro-optic devices
- Identifying process level dependencies for circuit level performance
- Identifying in-line methods for predicting high speed performance
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements
- PhD degree (or soon to defend) in (applied) physics, electronics, electrical engineering or similar
- Good knowledge in high-frequency circuits and high-speed optoelectronic devices
- general knowledge about semiconductor physics, modelling and component design
- general knowledge about clean room microfabrication or chip packaging and assembly is of advantage
- Ability to independently solve problems with a systematic approach
- Strong analytical and research capabilities
- Affinity for interdisciplinary thinking
- spoken and written English with professional working proficiency
- Challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university and a stimulating internationally renowned research environment.
- Full-time temporary appointment for 2 years.
- The gross salary for a post-doc researcher lies between € 3.255 and € 4.274, depending on experience and knowledge.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical infrastructure, the possibility of child care and excellent sports facilities).
- Moreover, an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year allowance is provided annually.
Questions regarding the academic content of the position can be directed to dr. W. Yao (w.yao[at]tue.nl), prof.dr. K.A. Williams (k.a.williams[at]tue.nl) or prof.dr. M.J. Wale (mwale[at]tue.nl).
More information on employment conditions can be found here: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/why-tue/compensation-and-benefits/
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following:
- a brief letter motivating your interest and suitability for the position;
- a detailed curriculum vitae, including research experience;
- transcripts of academic records, indicating courses taken (including grades);
- half-page summary of your PhD thesis;
- contact details of two relevant references (including email and phone number).
You can upload only one document (maximum file size is 10 MB). You have to bundle the documents.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature